why are there no wts communes for the r&f like bethel, nyc etc

by mP 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mP
    mP

just wondering why communes have not yet been created for the nobodies at the bottom. from my own limited tv experience it seems fundy cults love communes. i cant help but wonder how much of a money maker such an idea would bring in, literally overnight!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The clue is in the name WT Bible and Tract Society.

They were always a publishing company making money off book sales. This required a work force of r&f out in the community.

• mP
    mP

theres no reason why they cant expand into communities. with communities they can take over all their money and b/w every day and night when they arent outbpreaching.

• designs
    designs

mP- Its true there is no good reason why they could not open the Bethel homes that have been shuttered for senior living facilities but its not in the heart of the GB to think that way.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Some dubs have made some on their own, of sorts. Not really communes but they have deliberately bought up houses on the same block or moved into the same apartment building.

Here in jw fundieland they created virtual (mental) communes by insisting every waking moment must be spent meditating on spiritual matters so as to prevent Saaaaataaaaaaan from entering your mind. In high school, for example, I was required to bring literature or the bible to read at lunchtime. Every waking moment was supposed to be spent concentrating on cult doctrines. It has the effect of separating yourself from the world around you, much like a commune, in my experience.

If everyone was in an actual commune though, who would be generating the ca$h for donation$? $$$$$$$$$ They need salary-earning donors.

• designs
    designs

rebel8- They could run Farmers Markets.

• TOTH
    TOTH

They do! It's a SPIRITUAL Commune! It goes hand in hand with the SPIRITUAL PARADISE they all think they enjoy.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The people attracted to such an idea would be the less well off members.

That would rule them out.

The current system allows to the WTS to extract anything worth having from each individual, with no return needed, and then discard them when they have been sucked dry.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit