My first experience as a Householder.

by Flat_Accent 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    This site if full of apostates?

No, it's full of people from all over the world who have something in common.

------------------

Nice job F_A, obviously the publisher had an agenda and wasn't looking to be taught ... hopefully your words will make her think ... these seeds can sit there for years before germination ...

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Well I'm glad I went in the right direction with it. I'll be sure to practice my conversation stoppers for next time. But I did think there was something disconcerting about the conversation. She asked me "So when armageddon comes, () where will you be?" I just replied honestly: "I think i'd be dead." She laughed.

Real compassionate.

• moshe
    moshe

Next time ask her, if she would rather go into labor in a hospital today or in a serf's hovel 400 years ago?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"So when armageddon comes, () where will you be?"

Since armageddon was supposed to come long before I got to high school, I guess that would put me in junior high.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This site if full of apostates?

You make 2 posts on 2 different threads and both posts are identical. Is that really the best you can do?

W

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I hope you made a point of not keeping the magazines. I dont mind entertaining them for a few minutes, but i never keep the magazines.

From what i have experienced, when most JWs are preaching, they are not used to having a real conversation, so when they find someone who is willing to discuss a few points, they are completely caught off guard and unable to converse.

The last time that happened to me, a young man, walked in my garage while i was working on my car, and hit me with a typical pre-packaged introduction for the magazines and drop them on the top of the trunk and said " well , thank you. Have a good day". I told him "wait" and i questioned him about a few things, he was so caught off guard , that he just looked at me with nothing to say..

I honestly think most witness are not really that interested in having long conversations. They want to just say a few words, drop a magazine and move along to the next house. Preaching has truly become an obligation, and as long as they can fill out a report card at the end of the month, they are happy.

• jam
    jam

Good job for your first encounter. My first encounter

I sounded like a babbling idiot. I was so excited from

the things I learn (the truth about the truth) that I

covered Genesis---Rev. The house in San Diego, the

alcoholic second JW presdent, 1975, Malawi. I am

sure the Witnesses thought this guy is mentally ill.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

JW: Of course, I'd like to live now, because we're in such exciting times biblical-

FA: No, forget that for a second. Just on the basis of your safety -

Good work. Never fall for a distraction.

What I do is target something that they should be familiar with. If you know that a modern technology has kept a family member alive, mobile, pain free, etc., use it. That way they have difficulty feigning ignorance, as she did.

JW: But I REALLY feel like crime has increased . . . <Repeat ad nauseum>

All I can suggest for this, is to invite her inside and ask her to use Google to find statistics to back up her 'feelings'. Tell her to take as long as she likes, would she like milk & sugar in her coffee?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

that short exchange made my brain hurt

• TOTH
    TOTH

Nicely done! I get so mad when I see them around I just ignore the knock because I am afraid I will mistreat them. And that would not be right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit