Watchtower Career Brochure

by Alfred 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

Watchtower Careers

Would you like to have the most fulfilling career available on earth? Consider the great privilege of becoming one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. We have many titles and classifications* that you can aspire to as you work towards your salvation. For your convenience, we have listed these in order of superiority starting with the highest rank all the way down to what you are now… a worldly person. For more information, please bring this list to the Kingdom Hall nearest you and any elder will gladly show you where all of these titles may be found in your Bible as well as what they are.

1. Governing Body Member (anointed MALES only; directed by God)

2. Corporation President (various corporations worldwide, MALES ONLY)

3. Bethel Department Overseer (various departments; MALES ONLY)

4. Branch Overseer (MALES ONLY)

5. District Overseer (MALES ONLY)

6. Circuit Overseer (MALES ONLY)

7. Bethel Elder (MALES ONLY)

8. Missionary

9. Elder (MALES ONLY)

10. Special Pioneer

11. Bethelite

12. Regular Pioneer

13. Auxiliary Pioneer

14. Ministerial Servant (MALES only)

15. Baptized Publisher (at this level and above you can lose your family and friends if you sin or disagree with the Watchtower’s teachings)

16. Unbaptized Publisher

17. Study

18. Interested One

19. Revisit

20. Worldly person (formerly known as “Goat”)… this is your starting point.

*Note: all of these 20 theocratic classifications have a second designation depending on your level of “field service” these are

· Regular : member who consistently reports at least 15 minutes of preaching per month.

· Irregular : member who has not reported preaching hours in one of the last 3 months.

· Marked : member who continuously analyses Watchtower information first before accepting it.

· Inactive : member who has not reported preaching hours in 6 or more months.

· Dissassociated : member who has submitted a letter of resignation from the corporation. At this point, you drop back down to classification 20 (worldly person) and association with fellow members of the corporation will be kept to an absolute minimum.

· Disfellowshipped : member who speaks out against the corporation or engages in unethical or sinful behavior.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Love it!

• Crisis of Conscience
  • dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

This information was in a recent OKM from 2011. It was a 4 page insert, I think. Anyone know which month or have a copy?

• Alfred
  • clearpoison
    clearpoison

Very fine list, but what I think is missing is annointed, I simply do not know where to place it.

And after insertion of anointed the list should continue

22. Disfellowshipped

23. Disassociated

24. Apostate

CP

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Evil Slave, one of the anointed who have turned apostate?

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Hmm I might have put auxiliary pioneer under MS especially as now half the cong can be called auxiliary pioneers just by writing 30 hours on their reports.

And missionary is in the right place if you're referring to the 'special' few who got selected for Gilead but self-assigned 'need-greaters' would come in just above regular pioneers (I know a few who've gone to serve where the need is nicer and actually call themselves missionaries but no one thinks they're anything special.)

Great chart, I think every study should be given one :)

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Pretty good...

You left out some of the exciting career options though:

• Microphone Jocky (MALES ONLY)
    • Sound Technician (MALES ONLY)
    • Magazine Administrator (MALES ONLY)
    • Book Administrator (MALES ONLY)
    • Territory Administrator (MALES ONLY)
    • Watchtower Reader (MALES ONLY)
    • Watchtower Conductor (MALES ONLY)

Sexism: God looked and said "It is very good."

- Lime

• watson
    watson

All these choices! I'm excited to get started!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit