Hello!

by digderidoo 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Just having a browse ... wow 11 years ago I joined this site. In previous years I had a number of ex JW issues and this site really helped both for support and to vent my anger.

Hello to anyone who remembers me, though there looks many new ones now.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello! Welcome back digderidoo.

The old threads are posted by different people than these! It is interesting that JWN evolves. I think some present posters are past posters who had to sign in new.

I am new in August 2011. I started posting on forums last year. This one I have not been kicked off.

It is less than two years that I have become inactive concerning the Organization. I do not miss it and I think I shall never miss it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Dig, I remember some of your posts, tell us where you are at right now.

If I remember right you had a struggle with alcohol which you were doing great with last time you mentioned it, and I think you are a bible believer still ??

Good to have you drop in again, we Brits are in the minority here, which is how it should be I suppose, but good to see you bro.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hi Phizzy!

which is how it should be I suppose

Is it because it is a relatively small country? It is good wibble btw

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi Phizzy, yeah you're right about the alcohol, not so much about the bible believer bit though lol

I went to my first AA meeting in January 2008 and moved forward. I went nearly 2 years without a drink and then drank at a birthday party thinking i'd be alright, I clearly wasn't as i was drinking on my own again a week later, that was my last drink ... 28th April 2010

I'm 2/3 way through a law degree now and done some teaching along with human rights work and i put it all down to giving up drinking.

I do read the bible from time to time, but wouldn't say i'm a believer, well only as much as i think it's a great piece of literature some of which is historically true and some of which is myth, much along the same lines as other religious writings.

But yes all is good. I've definitely moved on from my JW past, the angers gone. At the same time I accept the JW past that's inside me has partly made me who I am today.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good on yer Dig ! I am struggling a bit with over drinking, I need to give it up for a while to prove that I can !

Good luck with the degree, I know it is hard work, but worth it, even if the law is " a ass - a idiot". as Mr Bumble so elegently put it in Oliver Twist.

I am interested in how we may be able to use the Human Rights Act and similar legislation in curbing the excesses of the WT, if your lawyerly brain comes up with any ideas, let us know.

All the best for the future, I think the WT is to credited for who I am today too, but that ain't no compliment to them !

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Phizzy, many who drink to excess give up alcohol just to prove that they can, the thing to look out for is not the fact that you can give up, but when starting again do you end up back to square one within a few short weeks, i know I would.

As for the Human Rights Act (HRA) to be used against the Watchtower, it never could. Whatever the issue is against the watchtower, would always be balanced against Article 9 of the ECHR (which the HRA implements), 'freedom of thought, conscience and religion'. So the HRA actually supports the Watchtower, rather be against it. The society has used Article 9 in the European Court of Human Rights many times against Russia.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hello! I remember you. Welcome back.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    digderidoo - As for the Human Rights Act (HRA) to be used against the Watchtower, it never could. Whatever the issue is against the watchtower, would always be balanced against Article 9 of the ECHR (which the HRA implements), 'freedom of thought, conscience and religion'.

Hi digderidoo, Too bad that the WTBTS organizations has more rights than individiual JWs. I always thought that Human Rights were for humans and not corporations. It seems a shame that the WTBTS will trample on the Human Rights of JWs and then seek protection from governments in the name of JWs. If history is any kind of teacher, many followers have been persecuted by their religious leaders, so members need more protection than an organization.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome back.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit