Single mothers are bad mothers.

by Chemical Emotions 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
  • Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Well if single mothers are bad mothers, then I am a bad father by extension because I created two of them.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I grew up as the only child of a single mother. My father ditched her when she got pregnant, and never helped her in any way. My mom was older, almost 27 when I was born, and had a decent although low paying job (which she kept until she retired 30 years later). I was 28 and had been married for 8 years when my first was born. Raising kids is hard, even in the best of circumstances. I watched my mom struggle and sacrifice for me, and I lived the life of a low income fatherless child. I would *never* willingly sign up for parenthood under those circumstances. I think my mom did a pretty good job as a parent, but it was a really hard road for her.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Years ago, I read a similiar article. It focused on child abuse. The number of times a single mother's boyfriend was the prep. in abusing/killing the child/children was horrifying. The article indicated that the real father of the children was much more likely to be a protection to the child than a boyfriend was, as the boyfriend was jealous of another man's kid.

It reminded me of a National Geographic Special that showed male lions killing the offspring of the previous alpha male when there was a pride takeover. The new alpha wanted his DNA spread, and not the predecessors, so he mauled the cubs to death.

There are many, many single mothers who work very hard to raise their kids.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

w/o even reading, I knew this was about a state legislator in Oklahoma who wants to label having a baby as a single mother "abuse".

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

And actually I read this article twice. I thought that I misread it the first time, or wa overreacting. No such luck. What a d*ck.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

yeah it's grotesque.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Yuppers. :/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit