does the gb really believe or is this a game ?

by mP 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe
    and they can't bring themselves to question the one false concept on which the whole religion is premised -- that the WTS is God's organization, God's sole channel, God's spokesman.

I doubt the GB privately believes this to be true as they proved they have what it takes to be a company man to get voted into the clubhouse -

the GB years ago, handed off to the writing dept the content development of the publications, they gave the Corp legal authority, who set up an empty shell called the "Christian cong of JWs", to protect the wealth of the WT publishing corp- The GB are figureheads and they know their place.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I think the most sincere of the bunch is Guy Pierce & Steve Lett. If I had to pick one to as having a conflict within & leaving, I pick Lett. I say this based on my memory of them at Bethel and the way they interact with people when at assemblies.

Bella 15 made a good point there are and always have been shareholders.
    Those running the various corporations and the lawyers are a bunch of sharks. It's always been a sham but IMO I think things really changed when they removed the GB from the corporations in 2000.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Bella 15 made a good point there are and always have been shareholders.

Is it so? What does it mean and why is it a secret?

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I don't know why it's a secret. Every Annual Meeting I was at they would say a vote was taken beforehand as to who would serve in what capacity on the various corporations. Many people in the audience were supposedly those with voting rights and not all were from the US Branch.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Oh. Thank you. It is for their corporation status. I have read it is required by the secular government. I thought "shareholder" meant sharing profit. I'm going to look it up.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

When it comes to the WBT$ nothing surprises me anymore so I wouldn't be surprised if profits were involved.

• mP
    mP

perhaps they know they arent totally directed or inspired by god, but theu believe the morality they want is justified. the ends justifies the means. the wts teaches ppl to be good.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

What would be a "sin against the holy spirit" for an ordinary thinking JW - is a "manifestation of the new light" for the governing body.

Good point James

Who judges the GB on their conduct and actions as true Christians representing God ?

The biggest problem the WTS. faces is that the organization has held onto 1914 for so long, they've got their feet stuck in a pool

of proverbial quick sand. But lets face it, when men have within their hands an enormous amount of power and wealth they

are more than likely to try to hold onto it at any extraneous costs.

Thats why people who are intelligent analytical thinkers never make as a JWS, there's too much Bullshit holding up this religion.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One other point worth mentioning, is people who have been long time faithful followers of this organization intensionally block out any notion thats its all

an orchestrated and pretentious fraud. That would be too hurtful and befalling of their own personal identity built around themselves.

The organization itself has indoctrinated people to think in such away is letting Satan infiltrate their minds with evil opposition against the "Truth".

They've even gone as far as calling these people the evil slave class, to heighten the element of fear, an impressionable form of mind control.

Many of these mental aspects are ingrained in to all JWS including the GB members and to some extent even more so.

• moshe
    moshe
    Thats why people who are intelligent analytical thinkers never make as a JWS, there's too much Bullshit holding up this religion.

Some people gravitate towards that stuff- the Mormons don't seem to be losing it's core base of membership. despite the debunking of most of their founder's unique ideology. A departure away from 1914 will likely not drive away most JWs, either. However, a few dymanic individuals in the writing dept could push the WT rudder in a different direction- a better one I hope, that stops JWs from destroying familes and killing people over a false no-blood dogma. I can hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit