Slander case thrown out

by WildeLover 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jemba
    jemba

Welcome RNewman, tell us more, very interesting.

Jemba

• rnewman123
    rnewman123

Ok,

I was there between 1991 until 2001, then I had enought of it so I left.

Will I start form the very beginning?

• jemba
    jemba

Hell yeah and then we want to hear all about you!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

RNewman, Welcome ! Just be careful what you post, the protaganists in the case are named, so the world knows who you are taliking about, this is a public forum, that is if I have assumed correctly and you were going to give some background.

Your own story would be of great interest to us though.

• rnewman123
    rnewman123

Chapter 1

When I moved there in 1991 I was 15, it was a little nice congregation in Killarney. In comparison to other places I have been to previously, people were very family like back then. They enjoied work, they got on very well, and for the forst time, I thought I saw the closeness of brothers and sisters as if they really meant it...They always called eachother by first name only, untill of course a CO spotted it and promptly told PO not to do that anymore. The congregation was mostly comprising of Dutch and German pioneers and families and maybe 3 or 4 regulars from the locality. I think there were only about 30 or so in the congregation in total. Only 3 infact that I knew of who were Irish baptized publishers, but 1 of them went back to Cahtolic church after about a year after us moving there.

For me, prior to that I lost all interest in the JW teachings before 1991 as my head could not take any more pounding than I already took growing up in JW family in where I was from...

When we moved, I had no intention of going back to the meeitings but I saw something different about them so I thought I might give it another chance.

When I first joined, there were 2 Dutch elders and 1 German elder, they all seem to have moved to the area 3 or 4 years prior my arrival.

All the elders had kids, 2 Dutch elders have 2 kids each and the German elder have 3.

When I think about it now, they all had a same reason to move to that particular spot. They were fed up with the coldness and artificially scented hint of friendliness in urban congregations. So they dropped their life in their corresponding locaitons and moved there where there were no Jehovah's Witnesses in the area so they can have a little tropical island of a congregation where they can have a fresh start.

What happened to me?

I was 15 at rather unstable stage of human life, had no proper means to communicate as I had no English...before that, I was depressed and isolated due to the depression, pushed aside by other kids as I had nothing to offer to those kids as I was short, shy and wasn't outspoken, didn't do too well in sports, but liked philosophical thinking and conversatinos but was totally suppressed...

Most of the elder's kids were about 1 ~ 5 years younger than myself. In fact, I may have been the oldest kid in the congregation. The rest were over 25s and retired widows.

So from my point of view, I have moved form one type of isolation from another it just had different colour.

to be continued...

• rnewman123
    rnewman123

I will do my story in the congregation without touching the detail as to identity of the people who were mentioned in the news paper.

If you really must know, you can PM me, I'll see if I can do something about that.

I don't think it would be against the forum policy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit