The Watchtower vs McDonald's

by TOTH 5 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

I got into a discussion with a fellow gamer on an online game server the other night and someone told him that he held a job at McDonald's shoveling manure onto the griddles. We had a big laugh but then I said not to be so insulting. That anyone working for McDonald's is the same as any Jehovah's Witness. They all spend a certain number of hours per month selling crap to people who don't know better than to buy it.

After that I had about five of the twenty or so players chime in on how much they hate jw's...Some from as far away as Taiwan and Poland.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Amazing what a bad PR job the JW's have done for themselves, a friend of mine works in a large open plan office, and she says whenever the JW's come up in conversation not one person has a good word to say about them !

I knew they generated a fair amount of animosity, but not one good word ? Well, I suppose it is difficult even if you are a JW to think of something positive to say that actually rings true.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The WT would claim it is persecution.

Bangalore

• Ding
    Ding

Hate them, why?

Because of their "live saving message"?

Because they are annoying without regard to what their message might be?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I thought you were going to say because the core industry both are in is wealth creation through the accumulation of property.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Ding, they didn't elaborate. But I imagine it would have something to do with being roused from a sound sleep on a Saturday morning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit