Thank you, Just Ron for your welcome:

by Flossycat 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

It's a bit daunting getting around some of these websites. I'm 53 years old and not too savvy with things cyberspace Here's a little story about myself as requested: I was dozing on the lounge suite one afternoon when I was 22. It was a sweltering Melbourne summer. Traffic going past outside droned in the background. Then - Bang! Crash! Smash! Glass was flying everywhere. The whole room sounded like it was exploding. Across the room the front door was being blasted open. "Oh, Jesus," I groaned. "Is it Armageddon? Please Jehovah, make it quick. I know I've been very wicked and deserve to die, but I don't want to suffer anymore. Why, oh why have I always found it so hard to do the right thing? I didn't mean to. Please forgive me." I had become a prostitute. This happened at the brothel. And I was ready to die. Just 16 months previous I had been a good JW girl - a Pioneer, doing all the right things. I loved everyone in the congregation; had wonderful JW family. By the time I reached 27 I'd seen and experienced more than most people would in a lifetime. For 17 years I lived in a suicidal state of mind; it became a kind of comfort, an out, if the load got too hard to carry. Till someone introduced me to an exJW woman, who, in one sitting, changed my world. Doors opened. Still made plenty of "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" decisions - life was to be savoured - and researched. Lots of it.

How did my stong-willed, outspoken mother, who, since childhood reckoned JWs were just a lot of old women running around town with nothing better to do than annoy everyone, become one of them? (I know the answer. Just a good seg-way.) My gentle, kind Dad always resisted becoming a JW. He was from a long line of farmers, and we'd lived on the edge of one of the most beautiful rain forests in Australia. But, whilst my older siblings were always quietly obedient to our mother and the religion, and lived in submission to the WT Society, I was the black sheep. These days it probably riles my JW family that life has turned out exceptionally well for me. For the last 6 years I've been in a stable, happy relationship with the man of my dreams; we have good, kind, trustworthy friends, and we're financially doing well. Apostates aren't meant to do be happy and successful, are they. In a couple of days I'll be in Brisbane at parliament house for the national Cult Information & Family Support conference. 2 years ago I wrote a book, an adventure story: A Little Lower Than Angels - black humour - all true - quite a few surprises for many who live in Australia I think. If you like you can read a bit about it on: www.jehovahsmysteries.com It's self-published, so I'm not in this for the money. Simply want to entertain the public at large, while providing some insights into getting 'de-programmed' and encouraging exJWs. I'm a quiet person who loves solitude - just found myself in unusual circumstances for much of my life.

Thanks again Just Ron for welcoming me. It's great reading about what's on people's minds. Best wishes to all, from Flossycat.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Hello Flossycat and welcome to the board. Have fun with it Darlin'.

Think About It

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome too tired to read now will be back tomorrow...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome to the board. Those pre-internet days really were the "Dark Ages", weren't they? Easy to be an ex-jdub-gone-wild just from the lack of accurate information back then.....

• sizemik
    sizemik

Welcome.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Welcome, Flossycat! Love the name, by the way!

I'll get back and answer properly later.

The big trouble with this site is that I look in for a minute and stay an hour!

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Big Welcome Flossycat !

Great to hear your life is going so well !

All the best to you and yours.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Hi Flossycat! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I'm Just Ron's wife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit