Do you enjoy being the center of attention?

by Chemical Emotions 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

As someone with mild social anxiety, I don't. But a lot of people I know seem to.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked!

• factfinder
    factfinder

No- that makes me very uncomfortable. But I don't like being ignored either!!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Really, you don't like being the center of attention? COuld have fooled me....

• N.drew
    N.drew

I believe CE because she means in the flesh imo. I do not like to be the center of attention all alone. But if it is with someone else or a group it is exhilarating, so I think I like it. at james_woods.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    But if it is with someone else or a group it is exhilarating, so I think I like it. at james_woods.

Ms. N.drew is the queen of JWN Wibble.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Really, you don't like being the center of attention? COuld have fooled me....

Introverts many times use the internet as a medium to sample parts of their personality that is usually dormant. That's why Chem seems to be the opposite of what she is saying in her OP. I am the same way, I am a chatter box on this website, but in real life I am about as shy as you can get.

-Sab

• N.drew
    N.drew

I have been giving it some thought (a good question promotes thought). There are good ways and bad ways to be the center of attention. Stage artists are the center of attention at a show. They contribute to life's richness. But to be the center of attention in a bad way, like a shooter or a bomber is contrary to life's goodness. Usually being the center of attention in a bad way is very lonely and should be. Imo

• N.drew
    N.drew

But then I thought that it is sad that some people want to become the center of attention in a bad way because they are lonely. And because of that the rule to love one another as one's self becomes practical and a protection.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Hey, I like attention too - it's really only natural. No one really wants to be isolated and ignored all the time. But N is right - it's important to be the center of attention for good reasons rather than negative reasons.

I would love to hear your life story CE - I don't feel like I know anything about you -

• scary21
    scary21

YES....It all started in 7th grade, and being the class clown. I love to make people laugh. In real life I talk alot. I have made several people pee their pants. They say " STOP I can't take anymore "

Makes me happy to make people laugh, and have some happy times to look back upon.....like remember when...............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit