Jehovah's Witnesses Die In Bus Crash On Way To Meeting

by JW GoneBad 15 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sad indeed!

I was searching online when I came across these headlines. Early reports say that as many as 27 JWs died in a bus crash in Ecuador while on their way to a meeting a couple of weeks ago.

You’re damned sometimes when you don’t go to meetings and sometimes you’re damned when you do!

Not to be disrespectful.....but where was Holy Spirit?

If you’re interested in reading the articles just search…”Jehovah’s Witness Ecuador Bus Crash”

• Tater-T
  • Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

It's sad, but I've heard so many JW's say things like "Well, time and unforeseen occurance..." or worse, "Well, there must have been someone among them who was living a double life!" or somesuch nonsense.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

they'l probably say the group was going to a hall they werent assigned to

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Now, if the only survivors were 27 Jehovah's Witnesses, what would that prove.........?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

It says thet there were Some JWs among sales people and tourists.Probably more like 4 or 5...

• Azazel
    Azazel

I was conducting a book study not long after the whole 9/11 sadness and one sister relates this story how a sister in NY who worked in the twin towers felt that she shoudnt go to work that day and went in FS and God saved her from the disaster. I was almost speachless but replied what was wrong with the cong in Spain returning from a DA and there bus went over a cliff killing 40 or so.Where they less worthy of saving??? I got some stern council over that one.

Sad that anyone dies anywhere anytime. Does god intervene? who knows?

Az

• Joliette
    Joliette

So sorry to hear about this. I know I dont agree with JW/Watchtower theology and doctrines but it makes me sad when I hear of anyone passing away under tragic circumstances.

• Ding
    Ding

I concur with Joliette.

A very tragic situation.

I grieve for the families they leave behind.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Wow, that is so sad. I feel bad for their families too that are left behind. Even though they were unfortunately misguided by a Cult, they were still human, and for that I wish them a peaceful rest, and that their families learn to cope and heal from this terrible tragedy.

I once knew a Brother from Equador who would occasionally visit Daytona while I was growing up. Mario was a really nice person. He knew that I collected coins, and he gave me an early 1700's Spanish silver Shipwreck coin that he carried around that was in his family for generations. In return, I gave him an old Morgan Dollar. After that, everytime he would visit, he would pull the Silver Dollar out of his pocket and smile at me. Just a little story showing that some JW's can still be kind and loving. I hope that he is doing well, and that he or is family wasn't involved.

RIP for all those who lost their lives....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit