It's official!

by lilbluekitty 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Congrats on entering a new phase in your life.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Tonight I just got my certificate: I'm officially a member of my church and a Baptist.

You need to have a certificate to be a Baptist? I did not know that.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

James_Woods: I don't know if you *need* a certificate, but my husband and I took a 7-week class at church to become new members and got certificates at the end. Baptists/Southern Baptists (that's what I am) are autonomous so I don't know if they all do that, I think it depends on the individual church.

Nicolaou: For me it was both the doctrine and the lack of love, the lack of love was definitely the bigger issue for me though. My church is really nice, everyone hugs everyone and the pastors are very down to earth and make sure to say hello to everyone, definitely unlike the JW elders. It's so refreshing!

Thanks everyone =)

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

More power to ya!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Congratulations!!

Unrelated and completely off-topic, I just removed the last of the asbestos from my home yesterday.... so to celebrate, we painted the walls with a beautiful lead-based paint! Hooray!! Sure, it poses a health risk but this new brighter color is soo much prettier than the old blah color. And at least the asbestos is GONE now. It's so cheery in here!

And now I shall prepare to be flamed for cynically illustrating what I suspect at least half of the other posters were thinking. That concludes my Internet douche-bag post for the week. Stay classy, San Diego.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

That was good!

More tasty and 'sweet' than a bone!

NOLAW

• Sulla
    Sulla

So right, Sweet! Because you were in a cult, Christianity is wrong and X-JWs who become Christians are dumb. So simple, really.

Good for you, lilbluekitty. Pay no heed to that knucklehead.

• extractor
    extractor

Congrats LilBlue!!! Good for you!

And to those who continue to try to make JWN as unpleasant as a KH, and still hold tight to the WatchTower doctrine of hating Christians, I guess you can take the boy out of the Watchtower...etc..

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Sweet Baby Cheezits is the church pastor in disquise testing the new members...get it?

Sweet Baby Cheezits <=> Southern Baptist Church

OK, on a serious note - whatever makes you happy.

• maksym
    maksym

Dear lilbluekitty,

Your post really warms my heart. I very happy you were able to move on and make a change to Christianity. It truly shows you have moved on and kept God and Christ in your heart. Developing a post cult personality is vital to healing.

I have moved on now and I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian. Nonetheless it is Christ we look to for our salvation and not particularly an organisation.

Welcome to Christianity brother!

God bless you and may He grant you many years.

In Christ,

Maksym

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit