How did you visualize Jehovah when you were young?

by Matsimus 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Razziel
    Razziel

Zeus with a lightning bolt in hand. Ready to electrocute my ass if I jacked off or had impure thoughts.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Like they portrayed Jesus when he was reigning in heaven (all white, majestic), only bigger, angrier, and meaner.

• mindseye
    mindseye

There was a really old elder (good guy) in our conregation who some of the kids thought was Jehovah. Then he passed away, and one was like "What happened to Jehovah?"

MY own conception of Jah changed throughout the years. As a young kid, it was like an old guy screaming "Get off my lawn!" As I grew older, it was the glowing guy out of the Rev book.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I grew up in a really dysfunctional family- my mother was a Witness, but my father wasn’t- he was God…this remote tyrannical all-powerful person who would occasionally show up at dinnertime. I guessed Jehovah was something like my father- so there was no way I would survive Armageddon- Joe Hoover hated me. I gave up and walked out of the Kingdom Hall for the last time when I was 20- in 1989.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I was always afraid of Jehovah but when I lost my priveleges after a judicial meeting about "loose conduct", I was afraid of that picture of Jesus in the Revelation book. The WT pictures Jesus like a heaven demon mounted on a horse with a sword out of his mouth and blood around. I think the WT it's the only religion to figure Jesus in that way!

In that time I begin to look more careful to the meetings and the people around and started to realize I was in a kind of trap. Lost my priv was the best thing to happen b/c I was always so busy in the meetings that I could not pay attention in how weird the WT was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit