should child abusers be allowed to go door to door

by soft+gentle 35 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• karter
    karter

Steve2 and Sizemik.

Should we get intouch with Garth Mc Vicar from Sensible sentencing trust about this matter??

Seems to be (Saddly) alot in the news about it lattley.

• Diest
    Diest

Yes, provided they are castrated prior to going out in service.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

No offender should be allowed access to his or her victims of choice.

I think a bigger issue should be: Who's held responsible when a sex-offender or abuser is sheltered, allowed privileges and access to victims then (re)offends? Shouldn't all involved be punished both by law and within the organization? Wouldn’t this be a bigger protection than just simply limiting an individual?

How many sex-offenders, abusers and law-breakers do you think the elders would willing to hide if they though they could be held responsible in any way?

• just Ron
    just Ron

@Diest Yes, provided they are castrated prior to going out in service.

That won't stop them just will force them to find a new way to get their jollies with kids.

Ron

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

disllusioned lamb

How many sex-offenders, abusers and law-breakers do you think the elders would willing to hide if they though they could be held responsible in any way?

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

quiet one -'s okay

I know it was a dumb idea, I was just brainstorming and part way through thinking about religious representatives/all cold callers being made to wear ID badges, I realised that they'd say ' Jw's are not representatives ' etc.. and they already ignore cold caller signs for some reason. Trying to think of the right wording for any law related to a 'personal ministry' that isn't selling anything seems impossible. Sorry for throwing out the 1st stupid thing that came to mind..

this is the gap I want governments to close a little - on the one hand JWs say they are not reps they are fulfilling their faith. But on the other hand they also are told they are representing Jehovah and his organisation. same goes for the issue of volunteering. for the purposes of their ministry and child abuse legislation they are not volunteers but when it comes to registering with the charity commission they are volunteers. Goverments recognise that these defintions change with context and religions are given these freedoms. However an e- petition whilst registering a protest tells the govenment that all we are asking is that a small aspect of their ministry be modified for the protection of vulnerable ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit