Fight on for your freedom and happiness....

by Lozhasleft 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Some recent threads have touched me emotionally and prompted me to reflect. When I think back to when I joined this forum, I was still struggling to come to terms with such a lot of pain. It has definitely been a journey, but there is so much I've come to terms with. You lovely people here have helped me so much and I thank you.

I want to encourage newbies to continue the fight to freedom and those unhappy to make life changes while they still can.

Don't do what I did and stay too long in a toxic relationship which ends up poisoning the very heart of you, walk away..fight the addiction to the drama...the false hopes of fixing another human being..fight the fear of leaving...and the pressure from outside to stay. Walk away and don't settle until you find someone to love you the way you deserve to be loved. The rewards of such are priceless, I promise.

If you feel unfulfilled or you've wasted years without higher education cos of the WTBS, don't leave it any longer, go and follow your dream or the career you always wanted. Be pro-active in making your life better, in becoming a rounded human being. It will change your perception of yourself and the world around you. It will make you whole.

If loved ones shun you or slander you, do what you can to make it right, but if it doesn't work don't keep beating yourself up, and don't become a punchbag for them. Often the ones who want you to be perfect are the least perfect themselves. Spend your time and your life with ones who love and appreciate you. Trust me it does you good. Be yourself and let others take it or leave it.

If you have a relationship with your god don't let anything or anyone affect it. Let the atheists enjoy their atheism, respect their choices, but don't let anyone denigrate you and your personal beliefs. You are just as entitled to them as anyone else.

Loz x

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

H i,

Excellent thoughts!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• Fernando
    Fernando

Lozhasleft!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thanks guys.

Loz x

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Thanks Loz!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Very eloquent, IMO.

• leavingwt
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Amen!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well stated!

Counselling with a professional psychologist also helps ... because counsel from a JW janitor doesn't help

• Quandry
    Quandry

Great sentiments....wish I'd realized all this over thirty years ago. There are so many things that just can't be undone.

I would add to all those who are still contemplating the future...it is now. Don't waste precious time, or you'll find you have very little time left to really live your own life and make your own decisions without the WTS making them for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit