I have other sheep which are not of this fold

by Wayward Son 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

That's it!

The chapter is talking about the gentiles.Ray Franz in COC points this out and tells how at least one member of the GB said that it was "obvious Jesus was talking about the gentiles".

When I first read COC 16 years ago it was the main thing that blew me away!

Moreove....r Ray also went on to demolish the literal 144,000 figure as everything in Rev 7th chapter is symbolic and the WT takes it so except one thing the 144,000 figure they take out of context as literal.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Amazing to observe that you can't simply drop scripture on a drunken, lunatic, lawyer and come away with a coherent theology.

• designs
    designs

'We never lost it'

By all accounts within Judaism Jesus was not the Messiah.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

It really is that simple too. There's nothing to debate, nothing to refute. Has the WT ever attempted to explain why the other sheep aren't simply, Gentiles? I mean there's plenty of articles reminding their audience of the special role the annointed have and how the other sheep's salvation is dependent upon their treatment of the former, particulary the slave class. However, I don't ever recall an article from the WT making the case that the other sheep weren't, Gentiles.

• Ding
    Ding

This thread illustrates the problem with the WTS' insistence that all non-WT Bible commentators must be avoided.

It keeps the vast majority of JWs completely unaware of Bible interpretations that have been around for centuries.

As a result, JWs spend years never even hearing non-WT ideas and are shocked when they discover those alternatives and realize that they make a lot more sense than the WT spin.

• dog is god
    dog is god

Interesting to note neither Matthew, Mark, Luke or John had NOTHING to do with writing these books. They were long dead when these were written by anonymous writers. The names were given much, much later. Since these apostles were "unletterered and ordinary" who made a written record or the exact conversations? I submit....nobody. Just like who wrote the 1st five books of the Bible? Moses? I think not since all the stories there preexisted in other "pagan" myths such as the Epic of Gilgamesh.

The borg is just another attempt at interpretation of the impossible...just like the Catholic Church.

• pirata
    pirata

Has the WT ever attempted to explain why the other sheep aren't simply, Gentiles?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/196282/1/THE-OTHER-SHEEP-ARE-NOT-GENTILE-CHRISTIANS-because

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

@ dog id god: So true, I made a comment on another thread about the tower of Babel. I questioned the unified message of the bible because there are so many holes in the modern version. Part of that post read:

This leads me to ask: When the Catholic Church assembled the Bible cannon, why did they choose the books we know today? What other inspired writings were there? What else were they considering? Where did those writings go? Why weren’t they included?

What is modern Christianity trying to hide!?

• No Room For George
  • sir82
    sir82

Brother Wayward, clearly you are running ahead of Jehovah's almighty celestial chariot.

I think you have pride issues as well.

And I notice your field service time has dipped below double digits.

You have time to meet with a couple of elders after the meeting tonight, don't you? Just a friendly chat.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit