Drawings of NEW Watchtower World Headquarters in Warwick, New York

by Alfred 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pontoon
    pontoon

At least they won't be building it with our money

• Alfred
    Alfred

Any theories on what the UNDERGROUND CHAMBER is or it's future intended purpose?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Which chamber was that? I noticed one on its own and it seemd to me to be for water treatment.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Initially, that's what I thought also but then I noticed a separate area for water treatment...

• Alfred
    Alfred

I'm thinking maybe it's for future water storage...

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Alfred,

If you are reffering to drawing CG104 (I didn't see Chamber anywhere else; please tell me where, if I've missed it), it looks like a part of the storm water management.

When the natural runoff structure is disturbed, code requires the rainwater collected from rooftops and paved streets, that would have normally drained into the ground, to be managed before released into waterways.

This is the reason you see pretty fish ponds and other water features around housing developments and office complexes. If all water is suddenly dumped into a nearby creek or a river, it creates the potential for flooding. Instead, the water is collected in some kind of a reservoir (fish pond, underground basin, etc. ) and then slowly released over time.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Yan... i just looked at it again...

On page 534, it's simply labelled "UNDERGROUND CHAMBER"

but if you back up to page 517, it appears that the same area is given a more specific label (Underground Stormwater Infiltration / Detention Chamber)...

so you're right... thanks for catching that!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Looking further into the Civil drawings, I noticed the lack of a consultant who is normally hired to perform this type of analysis. Interestingly, there is a sole Professional Engineer reference (Harvey Castro), which is not impossible, but highly unusual - the hiring of a one-man show for a project of this size.

Cross reference with the online NY license verification shows the following:

02/27/2012

Name : CASTRO HARVEY
    Address : WALLKILL NY
    Profession : PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING
    License No: 087545
    Date of Licensure : 10/29/09
    Additional Qualification :

Registered through last day of : 09/12

..which can only mean one thing: now the Borg has its own PEs on staff! What is next? Their own inhouse architect, structural and MEP engineers, their own Construction Management division...the free labor we know about....

What a separation from the world that is...

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

What paid for this work? The Society Kingdom Hall Fund? Donations to the World Wide Work? Well, at least they put out a brochure of how we should dress when visiting, that has to count for something.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I like on the last page it shows all the trees they intend to plant.

notice the comment on the shore line

SUPPLEMENTAL NATIVE SPECIES OF TREES AND SHRUBS TO BE ADDED TO RIPARIAN BUFFER FOR COMPLETE VEGETATIVE COVER, TYP

Yeah, we wouldnt want anyone peeking into your property and seeing how you spent all the millions in profits from the sale of Brooklym Heights!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit