JTs life story

by jesussaves 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

JT, I believe I read your JW experience on the web last night. I did a search for bethelites and stumbled across it. So you were one of the JW elite? Wow, I wanted to be like you when I grew up! Seriously, though, its encouraging to read your story, because I have friends at Bethel that I thought were lost to me forever. You got out, so I know there's hope. Could you post the link to your story in this thread?

• JT
    JT

So you were one of the JW elite?
    ##########

yea right-not really - in fact there are only a few jw Elite and those are the Males in the org who make Policy-

these are the GBs and their Right Hand men

the rest of us were merely "Company Men" or as they use to say

"Society Men"

and yes you can get out even if you are part of the "Movers and Shakers Crowd"

but you have to have the right heart condition

personally i was not affected by what many here on the NET were affected by as a jw- most exp i read about are of folks who have been Mistreated and Shafted by either the Org or some rep of the org- be it another Pub, elder, co do or just the rules of the org.

there are those who serve in position who literally love the power and could care less about sister old or sister single parent with 4 kids struggling to just get to the meetings

my wife and i were part of the Inner Circle and we tried to bring in the one who felt like outcast because when i was growing up my mom and her 4 little black kids were always left out

on sunday at the meeting we would find out about the gathering that WE WERE NOT INVITED TO

so i decided that if i ever became an elder i would include folks like that, but this org is not the truth so it doesn't work

i used to try and have bowling night i got shafted, my wife use to try and have ladies night out- she got shafted
    so when ever we tried to give the friends something to do more than MEETING FIELDSERVICE AND READING WT we got shafted all the time

i got tired of trying to fight A SYSTEM that was only designed to KEEP IT'S MEMBERS BUSY SELLING USELESS BOOKS

HOW SAD

but yes anyone with the right heart, willing to have an open mind and the OPPORTUNITY to have access to the type of info we have on the net in my view will leave wt

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

My family was probably at the bottom of the totem pole, but when I became a teenager, I befriended some JWs that were on the fast track,and all of a sudden I was going to parties with Bethelites! Some of them I truly miss. When I stopped going to the meetings it was like cold turkey and not one of them ever called to see how I was spiritually or otherwise. I wonder how secure those friendships really were. One thing that always bugged me about the guys I knew at Bethel was that basically being a Bethelite was the only thing that they had going for them, and they still got the cream of the crop girls. I had a good friend that married a Bethelite. She was so pretty and was one of the few people that I knew that had actually gone to a 4 year college and graduated. The guy she married is a total dictator bum that can only get work as a prep cook. Now, there's nothing wrong with being a prep cook, but she was one of those girls used to the good things in life. The last time I saw her she was about 50 pounds heavier and they don't even have any kids yet. She looks unhappy, but she married this brother quickly after having her heart broken by ANOTHER Bethelite (he happened to be my best friend at the time). Anytime I ever said anything about wanting a professional man or an entrepreneur someone would call me materialistic.

• JT
    JT

jesussaves

you are correct

many bethelites viewed it as being able to go into a candy store and pick what you wanted to

when in fact any female should run from a bethelite

here is a dude who makes $90.00 a month how in the hell can he take care of a wife

i knew this bro who was not in fulltime service he used to hang out with us, but he worked on Wall Street for a brokerage house made about 80K a year and when we would go to gathering he was driving a BMW 5 series it was all the poor broke bethelites that held the attention of the sisters
    it is so sad that wt replaces the Value system of what is normal with a Warped view of what makes a good man

they call a good man one who sells books and attends sales meeting regularly

instead the avg jw woman would take a broke bethelite over a professional man like you said

of cousre that is changing now but the over all mindset is still there

are you married now if so i hope he is a good man

james

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Yes, I'm married to a wonderful man that I met in college. He's been really supportive with me leaving the JWs. He's a minister and it is hilarious watching my family try to convert him. He has an arsenal of Ex-JW material just for them. Once he told an elder that he would study with him just so he could preach to him. It was hilarious.

• LDH
    LDH

The saddest of it all is the Bethelites who belong to the AAA club.

So, not only are they earning $90/month, they don't date because they're only available after armegeddon.

The spend their vital years as a Bethelite--I wonder how many of them are out there?

How much do you think they resent the WBTS when they finally leave well in their forties with no chance of getting a nice young wife and having kids?

Lisa

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

The WBTS is noithing more than a giant, multi-million dollar publishing empire where every book it turns out is an instant best seller, because of the obligation of its members to buy multiple copies of the book and to go about distributing them to the community.

• Imbue
    Imbue

Lisa,
    In response to:

So, not only are they earning $90/month, they don't date because they're only available after armageddon. They spend their vital years as a Bethelite--I wonder how many of them are out there?

There are many bethelites from ages 35–55 and still single at Bethel. And many more couples that sacrificed having children because the new system is coming very soon. Most of them have not acknowledged their anger and resentment. Because of this I’ve noticed a change attitude with the bethelites since ‘95.They seem to have reconciled that they have a superior position because of their sacrifice.

Their attitude is reflected in the way they rank us so called regular JW’s. I know of only one couple that openly admitted to me (not everyone else) that they were angry about their sacrifice; when the new generation doctrine was announced in ‘95. They seem to be the healthier individuals of the lot.

"If the head be corrupt, so also must be the members"

• JT
    JT

dutchy says:

The WBTS is noithing more than a giant, multi-million dollar publishing empire where every book it turns out is an instant best seller, because of the obligation of its members to buy multiple copies of the book and to go about distributing them to the community.

######

you are correct in fact the NY best sellers list from what i understand only requires 100,000 books

wt gets 6 million off the first printing

• JT
    JT

Imbue

says:

Unfortunately, I live in the Hudson Valley in New York and have had to deal with bethelites from both Wallkill and Patterson. Although I love living in this area, it’s beautiful here.

There are many bethelites from ages 35–55 and still single at Bethel. And many more couples that sacrificed having children because the new system is coming very soon. Most of them have not acknowledged their anger and resentment. Because of this I’ve noticed a change attitude with the bethelites since ‘95.They seem to have reconciled that they have a superior position because of their sacrifice.

Their attitude is reflected in the way they rank us so called regular JW’s. I know of only one couple that openly admitted to me (not everyone else) that they were angry about their sacrifice; when the new generation doctrine was announced in ‘95. They seem to be the healthier individuals of the lot.

##############
    DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

I FOUND your post so interesting in how the folks at bethel are handling the change

i know here in our area when the changed kicked in place many folks just slowed down and started doing other stuff like going to the lake on Sat instead of field service and many are going back to college and other things yes the change in 95 took the wind out of the sail of jw in my exp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit