Is the Memorial actually a Satanic ritual?

by FaithfulBrother 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FaithfulBrother
    FaithfulBrother

John 6:53-58 states:

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

However, the annual Memorial of Jehovah's Witnesses is a ritual in which millions of people come together in order to refuse the bread and the wine, which Jesus commanded us to eat and drink of during his last meal when he said, "keep doing this in rememberance of me." Nowhere in the Gospels did he say, "unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you.... Unless you are like the majority of my people who are part of the other sheep or great crowd and not part of this special tiny group of people. In fact, if you are part of the other sheep and partake of my flesh and blood, I will destroy you."

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, given the human disgust of cannibalism, "eating my flesh and drinking my blood" is pretty alarming, all right.

But there is no Satanic ritual I know of (or Satanic Bible) that says to eat Satans flesh and drink his blood.

So, I would say no - Memorial is not Satanic.

But then, JW memorial is not really Christian either.

I am pretty repelled by the idea of eating human flesh and drinking human blood on either side.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Whether it is intentionally Satanic or not, any witless that goes and does not partake of the bread (stale crackers) and wine (spoiled grape juice) is actually rejecting Jesus. You would therefore be proclaiming that Jesus' sacrifice is not good enough (because you continue sacrificing more) when you waste the time and energy to be there. On top of that, you refuse to accept the sacrifice by refusing to partake.

If you are going to reject Jesus, you might as well stay at home and not waste the time and effort being at the Kingdumb Hell. That way, you are free to also reject the doctrine that you are inherently sinful by means of Adam's sin, and thereby reject the notion of needing salvation by means of sacrifice.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The point of it is this: If Jesus symbolic blood and flesh are the only thing that can save mankind - and the witnesses tell their people that only their elite can be saved this way -

Then what saves the JW non-elite? Following the elites who partake...

Again, the JW idiots who write the magazines have put themselves in the place of christ (as per christian theology).

• Joliette
    Joliette

Ya know I dont believe in satan, or the devil. But I do believe that the jehovah's witnesses memorial of jesus christ does have some type of masonic roots.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thinking along these lines could eventually lead a person to realize that neither the Jesus character nor the Satan character is based in literal reality...

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ WTWizard...Its a rejection of christ party.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Ya know I dont believe in Satan, or the devil. But I do believe that the jehovah's witnesses memorial of jesus christ does have some type of masonic roots.....none what ever.

Per Christian belief and commentary from the Bible itself not "partaking in remembrance of me" is a rejection of Christ, as James and WTW have pointed out.

Now, if you are of a mind to realize a large group of people come together to celebrate Jesus sacrifice and do not partake, due to the teachings ofmen, then that would at least be a machination of Satan, not a Satanic Ritual.

• Matsimus
    Matsimus

Funny how strict they are about not partaking in pagan rituals. Yet we are not allowed to partake in eating Jesus' flesh and drinking his blood, which I once heard was a ritual for satanists rejecting Jesus. Now that I think of it, it would be fun to do some reading on the subject :)

• Ding
    Ding

Fernando started a thread entitled "How would you prove that the Watchtower rejects Jesus?"

I cited the Memorial and contrasted it with Jesus' words at John 6:53ff.

Millions of people showing up at a service where no one partakes of anything makes no sense to me.

Why not just have those who ARE going to partake show up since the meal is only for them anyway?

In the vast majority of KHs, no one will be partaking of anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit