All you men here, who does the house cleaning?

by James Mixon 47 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

bradford, "Is this a Jw thing"? Not necessarily but the JW mindset in regards

to men roles, headship. Plus if you are a elder you don't have time to clean, cook

or yard work. Most of the elders I knew back in the day didn't do those things.

But back in the 60's and 70's the wives didn't work , most of the wives.

smiddy:Good man

GreatTeacher: If I cook she must do the dishes. I like that because I make a mess when

I cook.

Crazyguy: you get a pass.

Kalk:: You also get a pass. We, other men here must do our share or we will

be sleeping on the couch.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I really need to do more. I've been trying a lot lately. But it's hard to break the pattern of just coming home exhausted at the end of the day and not doing anything. That's not fair to my wife.

So my goal is to at least do one thing for her every day.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

cappytan: I know what you mean, when I worked two jobs four kids an

elder and the ex JW wife didn't work. Retired now it's a lot easier.

done4good:"cleaners every other week". Must be nice.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

You're right, cappytan it's a pattern and humans are creatures of habit.

If you make a new habit/pattern to come home from work and just do one small chore before even sitting down, it will become just as natural to you in time.

You've got to harness the human tendency to habitual behavior to your advantage.

For me, I throw in one load of laundry as soon as I come home. It's just like an extension of my work day.

And then you will come to understand why women don't feel their stress go away when the work day is over. Their stress levels are just as high because they are thinking of all the work that needs to be done at home. (the second shift)

• hoser
    hoser
    We have been living apart on and off for the last 9 months or so. When I'm in the city we both clean up after ourselves. On the farm I do my own housework but I really should hire someone for both places.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    My sister has her house cleaned every other week. But, she has to have everything picked up and put away before they come, so it's like having to clean the house before the cleaners come to clean the house!
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do more now than I ever did when I was a Dub, but then circumstances have changed. I now cook nearly all the time, I love doing it, and Mrs Phizzy really doesn't want to anymore, though she is an excellent cook.

I don't clean as much as I could, and should, I find it so repetitive and boring.

I do mow the lawn, we have a small front garden/yard, but over 100 yards at the rear of the house, so it takes a bit of doing, maybe I'll get a few sheep to graze it, ( not the JW type sheep, the real grass-munchers).

I have always viewed our marriage as a true equal partnership, so we both do what we can for each other, it works, in a sort of Heath Robinson way.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Phizzy: "I do more now than I ever did when I was a Dud". That's a good talking

point for women who are still in the borg. Look, if you leave the borg your

husband will serve you breakfast in bed. Which would you prefer, breakfast in

bed on a Saturday morning or knocking on some strangers door? LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit