Compare Americans and Brits based on their level of Intelligence

by Mr Facts 84 Replies latest jw experiences

• Azazel
    Azazel

When reading this thread one doesnt take oneself too seriously. Hey i can write like the Queen God bless her.

Az

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

It's been a family tradition to watch the Queen's Message every Xmas. Even though we were JWs!

I hold some sympathy towards her because she's the same age as what my own Mum would had been if she was still alive. And she has the same hairstyle, lol. So when I look at her, I try to imagine my Mum looking like her at the same age.

• laverite
    laverite

I'm American but I lived many years the UK. I have taught at universities on both sides of the pond. Having worked with thousands of students, both in the UK and State side, I can say that both areas of the world have their fair share of star students (as well as those whom we might call less than academically inclined).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What is a Brit ?

• Diest
    Diest

After watching shameless the other day I realized that the brits werent as smart as I thought....I still love them and honestly think the smart ones are in Canada...

• Lady Viola
    Lady Viola

what are you all talking about, the dutch are the smartest in europe. so we're smarter than the brits. and the americans still think we wear clogs and live in windmills. ;-)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Lady Viola ... so you're saying this is not accurate?

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Things just sound more intelligent when spoken in a British accent.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The upper class British accent sounds so refined. Would it sound as nice if we thought it were a lower class British accent? Something tells me it is melodious. I'm such a Beatles fan that it still sounds so elegant.

May I ask the Brits what the standard nonbroadcast accent is like? Is there an actor or actress that you feel typifies it.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Meryl Streep playing Mrs Thatcher...........oh.......*doh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit