Steven Unthank is a true HERO

by Shawn10538 34 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Let him who has not sinned cast the first stone.

What Lady Lee says is right - let's forget about the mistake he made over the picture.

I am saving that first stone for the thread where somebody (Ohio Cowboy?) starts a thread that says Koolaidman is a true hero.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Lady Lee-Very eloquent!

• cedars
    cedars

To all posters who cling to the notion that some great fraud has been perpetrated (and I note the word "fraud" has already been used on this thread), I ask you two questions:

When has Steven Unthank ever approached any of us for money?

What did Steven Unthank stand to gain financially out of this?

Those are the first questions I asked myself when everyone was crying "hoax". As far as I'm concerned, if it was indeed a hoax, then it was the worst executed and most unprofitable hoax I have ever witnessed. No money was made from this venture (to my knowledge, if someone can show me proof to the contrary, then please step forward). If anything, Steven LOST loads of money on this. So how could this be a hoax?

Did Steven make errors of judgment? Yes. Don't we all? Yes. Has he apologized for at least some of his ill-advised statements? Yes, and at a time when he was dealing with the crushing shame of his case collapsing, and a torrent of criticism from certain posters on this board.

It seems to me that common sense is slowly prevailing in this matter, but some still have yet to grasp that Steven, though imperfect like all of us, did a great thing and was not out to trick anyone - certainly not out of any money.

Cedars

• Azazel
    Azazel

ditto to that ceders

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Listening to the interview with Steven Unthank and once again I am shocked once again with the duplicitousness of the Watchtower.

If I understand correctly the Watchtower gained their charity status because of the educational work they are engaged in.

They however do not send people out door to door, people do it individually of their own volition with no coercion from them so therefore the Watchtower are not accountable for anything an individual may do criminal or otherwise.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

A must hear interview....... http://www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com/telenetwork/dialogue.php You will not be disappointed.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Lady Lee . . . great post.

I get a bit gnarley when words like "fraud" and "hoax" get chucked around on a whim. Some may have noticed. I make no apologies.

I don't know how many times I've said this . . . ring him up and have a chat. He's in the book, as well as all over the net. If you're not prepared to make the slightest effort to verify something . . . then I question the ethics and motives of a decision to malign repeatedly, based on a personal hunch. You're simply an asshole . . . intentional or not.

We see heaps of people come hear with the heads in absolute turmoil at discovering their religion is a crock. For some time the adjustment is all they can manage, and mistakes are made aplenty. It's worth remembering that Steven was going through the same personal turmoil, and yet stood up to WTS on behalf of others . . . children. A carpenter.

Is Steven a hero? Damn right . . . the best kind IMO.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Well said Lady Lee!

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

he·ro

    [ heer -oh ] Show IPA noun, plural -roes; for 5 also -ros. 1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities. 2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal: He was a local hero when he saved the drowning child.
  • Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

LOOK TOP RANK ON THE NEWS WIRES RIGHT NOW

Private prosecution gets thrown out of court

Latrobe Valley Express - 7 hours ago Carpenter Steven Unthank, a former Jehovah's Witness member, took his former religion to the Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court in a private prosecution for

NEED 600 CHARACTER LIMIT COMMENTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit