Still believe in a "Loving" Creator.... Watch This.

by Zordino 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

But Tammy you didn't say "some deluded beleive that demons ...blah blah blah"

you said.. " Those demons have absolutely no power unless we give it to them. Besides which, they were never limited to heaven in the first place, so they were here before. God did not punish us by 'hurling them down'... they could have come 'down' on their own. At most, He just barred them from heaven."

Please tell us you don't actually believe this nonsense and you were just relating a myth.

• tec
    tec

I'm out the door on my way to work, so this is rushed:

I'm not sure why you would find it hard to believe that I think some spirits are good and some not? I do believe Satan is a real being; though I am open to the thought that he might just represent a part of ourselves (no demon doing the tempting, just that part of us that wants things without a care to the harm it could cause others - selfishness, pride, self-righteousness, etc).

Peace,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I'm not sure why you would find it hard to believe that I think some spirits are good and some not?

What is this "spirit" thing you keep referring to again?

• tec
    tec

Just not going to go there with you again, Cofty.

If you cannot imagine another form of life in this universe/s that is not dependent solely upon matter for its e x istance, then I don't know how I can help you to consider such a thing.

Peace,

Tammy

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Please tell us you don't actually believe this nonsense and you were just relating a myth. ..." Cofty

Yes, she does believe that nonsense; and yes, she does think that Bronze-Age Middle-Eastern myth constitutes "god's" own "truth"...

• cofty
    cofty

No I can't imagine a creature that is not made of "matter". I certainly can't take it seriously when people just posit that such stuff exists and then structure their entire life around this supposition.

I have still to hear a definition of "spirit", I know you will say you did that already but if you check back you didn't define it at all you made vague assertions about energy.

• tec
    tec

No I can't imagine a creature that is not made of "matter".

Well, I'm a writer and I can. I do love my sci-fi as well, though I am certain that many scientists can also imagine such a lifeform... even if they were to think it unlikely.

What I cannot do, however, is imagine something that has no basis in reality. I cannot even conceive of something that is not at least based on something real... and I have a great imagination.

I certainly can't take it seriously when people just posit that such stuff exists and then structure their entire life around this supposition.

You don't have to take it seriously, though you did it yourself for a very long time, so you should already have the answers to some of the questions you ask.

I have still to hear a definition of "spirit", I know you will say you did that already but if you check back you didn't define it at all you made vague assertions about energy.
    If you recall, I believe you originally stated that no one could define 'spirit' ex cept to say what it was NOT. I gave a definition of what I understand spirit to be, in the positive and not the negative. I never said that I could give a precise and eact definition, because I cannot. We do not always have the words to describe something, because those words are not invented yet... because what they are based on is not discovered yet.

For instance... it might have been hard to define genes or DNA or the nucleus within a cell, to people who don't know what a cell is. Language needs to be built up, and it is usually done so only by physical discoveries.

Peace,

Tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I gave a definition of what I understand spirit to be, in the positive and not the negative.

No I'm sorry you just asserted it had something to do with energy. That's not a definition.

What exactly is "spirit"?

You claim god is made of "spirit" and angels and demons are "spirit" and humans have "spirit" etc and yet nobody has even defined what they mean.

In fact its just a shorthand way of saying "I need an excuse for god's hiddeness that science isn't allowed to question. Its like energy but not like any other sort of energy that science can detect or measure."

I do love my sci-fi as well

Now we are getting to the answer.

• tec
    tec

You claim god is made of "spirit" and angels and demons are "spirit" and humans have "spirit" etc and yet nobody has even defined what they mean.

God is not made of spirit... He IS spirit. We are all spirit... but we as humans are spirit 'within' the physical body. The spirit is the man you are... regardless of the condition of your physical body. You are going to reply that without your brain, you would not be the man you are, and I agree that you would not be able to show the man you are... that part of you would be damaged; hindered. You would still be that person... just hindered/hidden.

In fact its just a shorthand way of saying "I need an excuse for god's hiddeness that science isn't allowed to question. Its like energy but not like any other sort of energy that science can detect or measure."

That science can detect or measure... yet. But so what? Big universe; mere babes.

People laughed at Louis Pasteur until the science and tools advanced enough to back him up.

Now we are getting to the answer.

You might think that, right?

But in reality it is the opposite of what you might be thinking. I write; I imagine worlds and cultures and creatures and science and also technology. I also love to read about all of that. But because I write it, it comes from me... and it is very simple for me to see the difference between what I am imagining to be real; and what is real.

As real as I can make things seem that are not real... in order to better understand whatever fiction I am creating... I never actually start to think of them as being real.

It is very clear and distinct.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    God is not made of spirit... He IS spirit. We are all spirit... but we as humans are spirit 'within' the physical body. The spirit is the man you are

But that's still not even close to an attempt at a definition.

You can't just assert that we are "spirit", that this "spirit" stuff is completely undetectable by every means known to science but take refuge in the hope that one day science will invent a "spirit" meter.

Well to be honest you can, just don't expect anybody to take it any more seriously than an Isaac Asimov novel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit