Which came first for you? Watchtower illegitimacy, or a compelling alternative?

by Fernando 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fernando
    Fernando

Many seem to have been able to break free from the Watchtower’s hold on them without a compelling alternative. I was not so fortunate or awake.

A compelling alternative found me first (faith, spirituality and the unabridged gospel). It was only in the light of this compelling alternative that the Watchtower’s seductive hold on me finally fell apart completely.

What came first for you?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Illegitimacy.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have still to come up with a compelling alternative.

Unless you take the lack of compelling alternatives for an alternative in itself.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was 100% dedicated to the idea of becoming a JW. I tried really hard to make it work for my family and me. Then one time I was sitting in a district convention and it just hit me like a ton of bricks "I don't want to be here". I stuffed that thought down and carried on for several years, but it got harder and harder to pretend I cared or was interested. When I finally "came clean" about my feelings to Just Ron, I had no compelling alternative other than I wanted to finally be honest about what I really wanted to do with my time.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Watchtower illegitimacy definitely came first.

I haven't replaced it with anything yet, but I feel it's better to be free, with the possibillity of finding a compelling alternative in the future, than to support a dishonest, manupulative and controlling religious organization.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The manipulative lies and corruption was the thing that finally drove me out, I left with a open mind to discover other avenues

of faith which eventually lead to nowhere, so I embraced atheism as a personal ideology.

I got it right.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Illegitimacy came first. The "compelling alternative" became sleeping or doing fun stuff instead of service, meetings, and "personal study".

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The compelling alternative.... it was to be free from thought slavery.....

The question is.... if you were mislead once..... how do you know you are not mislead again?

Why not joing scientology? or mormonism or the baptists? or islam? why not?

Is any alternative better than JWs?

• Sulla
    Sulla

Wt illegitimacy has to come first, since their claim is so exclusive. No alternative is possible until JW-ism is abandoned.

• designs
    designs

1975 lived through the embarrassment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit