What Does Romans 8:14-17 Mean To A JW? Who is the "All"?

by BroMac 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

One of the theological and philosophical problems of the NT is that Jesus and Paul don't quite sync up.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey Designs...how are you? Been awhile.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

The new covenant is only for the 144K, according to the WT. So the "all" that is part of the new covenant would only be those who are part of it, namely the 144K only. Since the GB declare that most of those who partake are mental, it really only means them.

The rank and file are subject to the GB, to get to Jesus and God. The GB is the rank and file's mediator. Huge shocker for me when I really started to examine the literature and found out, according to them, Jesus was not my mediator, always thought he was. I was shocked by a great many things.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do non 144k jw's never get lead by the spirit?
    V8 says if your not in harmony with the spirit then you cannot please God!
    No jw would say that they do not please God?
    Part of the qualifications of Elders/MS is that there is evidence of holy spirit operating in their lives.
    Surely they must then be in harmony with the spirit and not the flesh.

How can these scripture in Romans only point to 144k?

JWs talk out of both sides of their mouth. Spirit annointed. Spirit directed. Directed by the Holy Spirit. Influenced by the Holy Spririt. Manifestation of the Fruitage of God's Spirit. Inspired, but not inspired, and for damn certain NOT infallible.

It all means whatever they want it to mean at the given moment.

If you try to sort out the mumbo jumbo, you'll end up an apostate. DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!

Doc

• BroMac
    BroMac

@blond-moment - (christ mediator) It was a shock to me too! it's not that i didn't 'know' as such, i did, it's that i never ever gave it any thought!

@Doc -

It all means whatever they want it to mean at the given moment.

true that, i'm finding this more and more

• designs
    designs

Hi isaac- good to hear from you as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit