If the organisation is Jesus' True Church, what was Jesus doing the previous 1900 years or so?

by TimothyT 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I wonder how a JW would answer this? Perhaps Eggnogg would like to give it a stab. He seems to know it all! :)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hibernating

• 00DAD
    00DAD

PSALM 110:1 - The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord (Jesus) is: “Sit at my right hand, Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”

So basically he was just chillin', hangin' out with the angels and waiting for the right time to come down here INVISIBLY and do stuff that nobody can tell is being done except for WTBTS Presidents and later the Governing Body. But of course we believe it because they say so, it must be true!

• designs
    designs

Blondoe or some others have access to the quotes but the Wt. has usually used the 10 Virgins to describe the 1900 years as 'stirings in the night' in other words some connection to the 'Truth' was maintained ostensibly by Jesus or Jehovah.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I figured he's in heaven chillin' with some beers and havin' keggers with the angels until his dad calls him and says it's time to grow up and get a real job; ya know, start invisibly ruling earth and all.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Anything older than this Sunday's WT lesson is 'Old Light'. Even if you convinced them that God really didn't have an organizatin prior to the 1880's. . . . .

. . .wait for it. . .

Where else would they go?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I always liked the way Terry put it, questioning the whole fallacy of it all by asking, If the Faithful and Discreet Slave has always been represented on the Earth, why didn't Charles Taze Russell hook up with them?

The answer is real simple too once you get past the fear of what the answer really means and how it affects your life. A relatively new poster's name says it all. itscrap&theyknowit!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What did Jesus do before the creation of the world? Hanging out in heaven is very fuzzy. Christ is hard to imagine. Jesus of Nazareth is easier.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

He was staying at Uncle Ted's house.

• minimus
    minimus

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit