String painting theory for beginners..

by Witness My Fury 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

OK someones got to do this so I offer my head on the chopping block. Chop chop away...

A picture paints a thousand words. Behold the awesome talent on display here by kids quite a bit older than 4:

Go figure.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My thoughts:

1) The "sun to make you feel happy" pic looked like it was made by finger painting, not string painting.

2) When I was 3 and a half, I drew a picture of an aeroplane complete with wings, and a dozen windows in a straight row. It was a lot of detail for a young kid. I don't remember drawing it but my sister kept it for many years, and now it's in my possession. If I had a camera I'd show it here as proof. So I'm not surprised to hear of a young girl under 5 drawing a detailed pic. It is possible.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Examples if you please...

We were told by someone in authority that the picture was done with paint and string by dropping it onto paper and "it's very easy to do". I could not find a single example of kids doing anything remotley comparable to the image in question.

It could be done by another method obviously, I'd like to know how and see comparable examples done by a pre teen child.

• Azazel
    Azazel

We made cutout of plywood templates for our kiddies to do finger painting , they would make faces , planets the sun i had many paintings almost exactly the same done by my 4 year old at the time. Art is easy to read into but often its just plain simple.

Nice quote : The Earth without Art is just eh!

Az

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Hey, this is a great idea! Better to do outside in the warm weather, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit