BEARDS: Why JW men don't have them

by 00DAD 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zordino
    Zordino

When I was going to meetings regularly I wore a Goatee. It was great cause the Elder's were scared shitless of aproaching me and I wasn't ever given any "Privilege's" Awesome

Also I've noticed that in some WT's mags, the "Worldly Guy" who was dipicted as immoral or materialistic... whatever (basically the Bad guy) would many times be shown wearing a beard or goatee. The whole thing is just to keep mental and physical Conformity within the group. Just another example of the Borg trying to use control tactics.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Zordino, it's good to know that the elders were scared of you because you had a goatee, although it's equally hard to figure WHY? But, whatever.

I'll keep mine, it's my new secret weapon against JWs everywhere!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Their stand on beards is yet further evidence that the JW religion contains man-made rules, just like any other religion does.

Their downer on beards is found even in countries where it is customary for all men to wear beards - such as Papua New Guinea (a country in which I recently lived for a total of eight years, and thus had ample opportunity in which to observe 1. what is local custom, and 2. what the WTS stand was.)

This beardless culture would have more to do with Rutherford's attempts to emphasize that he was now in charge - not C.T. Russell, than it had to do with any imagined "Student Revolt."

Bill.

• Zordino
    Zordino

OODAD: I'm 260 pounds 6Ft tall with a tough guy Look (I do Concrete Forming for buildings) and didn't give the Elder's the time of day. Maybe thats why they were a little intimidated by me.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

So Zordino, you're telling me that it's not JUST the goatee, that I need to grow 2 inches and add 85 lbs. (presumably of muscle) to be as intimidating as the mighty Zordino! Damn, I thought I had something there.

I bow to your awesomeness. I think I'll go buy a Sig Sauer, it's healthier ... for me at least! .. lol

00DAD

• ssn587
    ssn587

I had a goatee for some time never did shave, now don't even attend the brainwashing sessions. but no one ever said anything anyway, guess I didn't give a s**t one way or the other what they thought, i was happy with it and wore it and still do.

• designs
    designs

Just trimmed mine back from full ZZTop to ZTop.

• Zordino
    Zordino

OODAD, Its not just muscle. There's a Lot of Fat too LoL. Kinda Like a Big a Big Teddy Bear

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Based on those articles, I keep imagining people like this:

If they have a beard like the one below, I seriously doubt that in this day and age, people would be so repulsed by a person that they refuse to listen or acknowlege them. ...or that they are in some way "undignified".

COME ON PEOPLE! You know it's bad when even Disney allows neat beards!!!!

• just Ron
    just Ron

It's simple I sold door to door insurance for a while and was told you will sell a lot more if you don't have a beard. So no matter how the spin is, it is all a marketing ploy to place more rags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit