Classic Doublespeak--- "You must do your own thinking; let the WTS tell you how"

by pharmer 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pharmer
    pharmer

*** g788/22p.3DoOthersDoYourThinking?***

EDUCATION teaches you how to think. Propagandists tell you what to think. True educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion . Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion. Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths.

*** g788/22p.4DoOthersDoYourThinking?***

What AboutYou?

Proverbs 14:15 states: “ A simple man believes every word he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof.” (TheNewEnglishBible)

….

Whatever you read or watch or listen to, test whether it is propaganda or whether it is the truth. “The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,” that they might not know the vital truths of our time. What about you? Will you let others think for you, or will you do your own thinking? Do your own, and “thinking ability itself will keep guard over you.” At the same time, it must be admitted that we need good and proper guidance

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Yep, sounnds about right.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

There's a lot of truth there.

"True educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion . Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion."

Indeed.

• Ding
    Ding
    EDUCATION teaches you how to think. Propagandists tell you what to think.True educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion.Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths.

Interesting quote to use when a JW refuses to read Crisis of Conscience or consider something because it may contain "apostate" or non-WT points of view.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Well, it was written in '78, right? Wasn't that before Franz left? He might have written that himself.

• pharmer
    pharmer

At the same time, it must be admitted that we need good and proper guidance

...i.e., do your own thinking, BUT, you must admit, you need the organization to direct your minds.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

At the same time, it must be admitted that we need good and proper guidance

They have a way of inserting truths into their writings then quickly negating them within a paragraph or two and that's exactly what they did here.

You can think on your own but you need to have good and proper guidance (about what to think) and of course we are the only "good and proper guidance"

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I told the last lot of witnesses that came to me that they needed to visit internet sites they would be told to stay away from because:

''A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God. . . . Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter what it contradicts''

but they beleive a truth is only uttered by the Watchtower...

Oz

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They " hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion.Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths "

Sums up the writings of the W.T don't you think ?

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Ain't thata biznatch!!

Good info. I'll use this article and scripture in my defense when the time comes. :) (like the next time a C.O. tells a bald-faced lie from the platform! LOL)

"I'mma need proof brother!" LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit