JWs Aren't Supposed To Give Blood Or Blood By Products To Their Pets

by minimus 27 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

WOW BLONDIE! Thanks. I am freaking blown away at the moment. LOL And according to JW's, unless the holy WT has updated it with new light, this still stands. WOW.

NC

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

When I read Minimus' thread title, Ihonestly thought it was wrong and it would be left to individual conscience,,,But NO, I was wrong (again) This is the latest comment I could find -

WT 1981 10/15 p31

Questions From Readers : ? How should a Christian view using blood as fertilizer, as animal food or in some other way that does not involve his eating it?

Also, in some places, persons eat animal blood in food, such as in blood sausage. Nor does misuse of blood stop there. Some businessmen try to profit from the blood of slaughtered animals by preparing plant fertilizers from it, adding it to dog or cat food or employing it in other commercial products..............

Accordingly, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not eat blood or accept blood transfusions. Nor do they endorse various commercial uses of blood...........

In matters of this sort a Christian’s thinking and actions should reflect his Bible-based regard for the sacredness of blood......................

Consider, for instance, the use of blood as fertilizer. When an Israelite hunter poured an animal’s blood out on the ground it was not in order to fertilize the soil. He was pouring it on the earth out of respect for blood’s sacredness. So, would a Christian with a similar appreciation of the significance of blood deliberately collect it from slaughtered animals so that he could use it as fertilizer? Hardly, for such commercialization of blood would not be in accord with deep respect for the life-representing value of blood...............................

Another situation that sometimes arises involves feeding blood to animals. It is true that at present many animals in the wild do not live on vegetation as the Bible says they did originally. (Gen. 1:30) Rather, they eat other creatures, blood and all. Nonetheless, would a Christian who knows God’s law on blood intentionally feed blood to animals under his care? Would that harmonize with what he knows about how blood was handled under the Law?....................................

I edited it down, of course but the answer is clear..no use of blood fertilizer or in pet food. So although your dog is not under the law of God, he must still abstain from blood !

• therevealer
    therevealer

I think, and I am presently looking for the holy wt that discusses it, that the updated new light suggested that if the blood is fractionated or even shaken vigorously first it is now okay to transfuse a pet.

OK = I might have lied a little bit.

I learned it (lieing) at the hall.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie and BB, those were the quotes I remembered. Thanks for posting them.

I liked the old Watchtowers. They gave you no wiggle room. If the pet was your child's and he wanted to give it blood, as long as it was under the parent's roof, the pet had to die or else the whole family would in its stead.

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding fractions, ain't it all silly??

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The silly wash-towel and it's "protective" rules; aren't we all glad they're not like the Pharisees?

Oh Snap!

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Thanks blondie!

I have all W volumes and I didn't notice this QfGBR. What a spiritual Masturbation of the Morons of the GB! Not to forget that it is unscriptural too!

Just a question or two for you morons of the GB:

1. What did ancient Israelites do with dead animals meat that were not bled?

2. The blood that is disposed and covered with dust, what does happen to it?

NOLAW

• Poztate
    Poztate

It is true that at present many animals in the wild do not live on vegetation as the Bible says they did originally. (Gen. 1:30)

So all the lions,tigers....and mosquitoes used to live on vegetation only.. They were perfect.

If they were perfect why would they die... Do not perfect things live forever..?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I have never been able to teach my dog or cat to bleed their prey before eating them.

I did notice when my cat ate a mouse he seemed to be able to spit out intact what I assume was the bladder

I didn't notice any spit balls of blood...

• carla
    carla

When my jw first joined up he threw out the blood for the garden. I don't even know why we had it, I think it came in a box of gardening stuff from a rummage sale.

So pouring blood out onto the earth for the wrong reason is sinful?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit