Gay and proud for a year

by TimothyT 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pubtruth
    pubtruth

Tim!

I'm so happy for you, I can relate with the sentiment of being free!

Do continue to be happy! :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And shame on religion for condemning people that are truly gay and wish to practice it. To me, that is not something that people should be judged for--any more than if I prefer wearing blue instead of black and white, or putting up Christmas lights in blue and purple instead of traditional green and red. Any more than a religion should bash people for being gay, then make it difficult to impossible for them to meet the opposite sex and/or put them with a same-sex partner. Whether it be by ordering people to just meet other men at a$$emblies when they are not gay, pairing them with a same-sex partner for a significant duration, or sending people to Nigeria on stupid missions in lieu of helping them meet the opposite sex, religions that prevent people from finding happiness ought to rot in Nigeria on their way to hell. At least that way, people will know they are probably scams.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Good for you! Fellow LGBT ex-JW's here.

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

well done Tim! you are a trailblazer! i wish i could have your success. One day though, one day!

love and light to you

WildeLover

• matt2414
    matt2414

Congratulations, Tim! You are a great role model for me and many others. Keep up the good work.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Timmy, does this mean that you are not missing the "spiritual association" and door-knocking busy-work of WTland?

I suppose this is when the JWs would say that maybe you feel "happy" but you are not truly "joyful" without their spiritual guidance *barf*

In reality, when I saw my grades at the end of last semester, I was happier and joyfullier than I ever was as a JW. And to be honest, my worst days as a fader are happier than my best days as a JW.

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's been a pleasure to be on board with you.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Tim: So glad that you have such peace. Good for you. I am a straight female X-JW married to a never ever never JW man who is my best friend in the whole world. We have several gay friends many X J Dubs who are very important to us. Your courage and convictions is awesome.

• Rabbit
  • moshe
    moshe

Its good to see someone leave the KH and get on with their real life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit