1972 Olympics

by hotspur 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• hotspur
    hotspur

In 1972 my mother said to me, "Make the most of this young hotspur - this will be the last Olypmics ever!" -- And with the slaughter of the Israeli athletes I thought she could be right.

So, where does that leave us 40 years later? Well, dear mother was wrong and so was Mother!

But, I really struggle to believe I was duped all those years ago. So many opportunities lost by 10s of thousands of people because of a false prophet... a false prphet who told those that listened, "It was all your own fault. You took what we said too seriously. We never actually meant what you thought we meant"

LIARS! <end of rant>

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep!! It annoys me when people who were not in the organisation deny the 1975 fiasco. I was only 10, but I remember the hype, the dread of what was to occur in the coming months. I remember my mother stockpiling loo rolls (loo rolls FFS!) and tinned food. 1975 was going to be the year, no doubt about it.

To deny this ever happened is a lie. The crap spouted by the WTS back then was lies. The crap spouted by the WTS today is still lies.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was an elder when this happened.

One part of the deceit that surrounded this began even before 1975 came and went while nothing happened - many elders (even COs) were privately trying to backtrack this so that the rank and file would not be dissappointed when nothing came about. I know this from actual experience.

The society did not have the guts to do this themselves - they did not even have the guts to admit that they were wrong years after 1975.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit