Connect the Dots in the Awake!?

by euripides 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• euripides
    euripides

Recently, I saw an issue of Despertad! sitting around in a public place and leafed through it idly. At the back of it, on the inside page opposite back page, was something like 'family fun' and a connect-the-dots game of Joshua, or something like that. My questions:

Is this in the English language Awake! issues also?

How long has a child game been in the publication?

and finally,

Is this really theocratic? LOL

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Yes, I've noticed it in the english Awake too. That's what they've gotta do to try to rope in the little kiddies.

• Ding
    Ding

Do the dots plot out the same path as the GB makes when it "tacks into the wind"?

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

If I still went to meetings I would be glad for the distraction

• factfinder
    factfinder

I like connect the dots!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Funny cause the GB doesn't want the ADULT readers to "connect the dots" regarding their false teachings!

For example, "overlapping generations" ... are they serious? What a stupid doctrine!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I played fill in the holes in the Watchtower for years. After drawing mustaches, stitches, and tatoos on the pictures, I'd black out some teeth in the pictures, and then put in conversation or thought bubbles. Then I'd fill in the holes, you know, fill in the loops of o p d b e a g....

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Billy-How funny, I always did that too! It irritated my parents, but I did it anyway. My kids do it now. Sometimes, it makes for a real improvement.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Yes.....but what so many people are forgetting to notice is that the "connect the dots" (while fun for children) is yet another way of indoctrinating them. For years.......when I would go out in "service"......we would pass churches that had playgounds on premises. And everyone (from circuit overseers to elders to pioneers to shmucks) would comment on how "christendom" is trying to attract the "masses" by offering "playtime" instead of taking the time to "learn about Jehovah".

Now.......the society is doing the same thing.....yet 7 mil witnesses will excuse their acceptance of this while still condemning "christendom's" marketing to attract the masses.

• St George of England
    St George of England

You can also download additional copies from the WTS website if you want your children to have the same fun as you do.

Apparently all this plus the Family Study Evening idea is copied from the Mormons though obviously they have been doing it much longer, early 1900's for family night and standardised to Monday evening in 1975.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit