Regular Pioneer hour requirement?

by tinker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• tinker
    tinker

My son the 'elder' stopped in last night. He does not shun us but our visits are few and far between. He mentioned in passing that he and his wife began Reg Pioneering last Oct. I know the hour requirement is way down from my pioneering years of 100hr per month. He has a full time job and is a major part of the RBC so his plate is pretty full. Anybody have the lastest info?

• baltar447
    baltar447

Reg Pioneer: 70 Hrs/month.

Aux Pioneer: 50 Hrs/month except in march or april where they lower it to 30

• tinker
    tinker

Thank you baltar447. Hum 70hr. That must be why he only has 1hr for his old folks every 3mos. And Zero hrs for his 93yr old grandmother. She is/was a very active Jdub up until she developed dementia. She came to live with me and my non-witless children see her often. The 'elder' son has seen her 1 time last year. I suppose his 'life saving' work of pioneering, RBS and congo services keep him real busy. Too busy to care about his family.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Pioneers do not punch a clock remember. If they had to count their time like a normal job, where it starts when they get to the jobsite and ends when they leave and time stops when they are on a break (I will even give them the quick bathroom breaks) most of them would never get their time in.

We used to call a lot of pioneers in my hall "secret service" because whenever they were out was a big secret since no one ever saw them!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

tinker what I'm about to say is in no way directed at your son, he may be a good honest man; so I'm preemptively apologizing if it offends you.

There needs to be a bit of clarification.

70 hours are required to be reported, not actually done; let's just say there's an awful lot of fudging going on.

• just Ron
    just Ron

All the time he spends doing rbc stuff counts for his time.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Actually, it is a total of 840 hours per year. That breaks down to 70 a month, but you could get 100 a month for the first 8 months and then split the remaining 40 hours for the remaining 4 months.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

He can also count the time giving public talks. I assume he can also count the time he councils unbaptized ones either in or out of judicial meetings.

• tinker
    tinker

@DLLamb, thank you for your kind consideration of my feelings, wow, very sweet.

I am not too sensitive when it comes to anything Jdub related. I love my son with all my heart but it breaks my heart knowing he is so blinded by this cult. He refers to himself as a 'servant' in a humble way and I do believe he is honest in counting his 'time' But his time is so wasted on the lies of the WTBS. How and why does an intelligent young man continue to Believe? I am dumbfounded.

My DIL is also in the full time 'secret service' :-/ She is a runner and trains for marathons, teaches aerobics and her house is very clean. I'm talking cRaZy clean = sign of a wasted life, ouch. I can't for the life of me figure out when she works D2D??? and she sure doesn't visit the old or sick, give public talks or serve on the RBC. Maybe the time she spends with her cute baby niece 9mos, they study the Great Teacher book??? that must be it.... stop it now tinker.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was a regular pioneer. I was also working full time. No way anybody in my hall who worked full time could get 70 hours a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit