Watchtower Shunning – Deadly by Design

by Marvin Shilmer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower Shunning – Deadly by Design

Today I added a new article to my blog addressing the known and documented lethality of the brand of shunning imposed under Watchtower doctrine. It is a longer read then I’d like, but hopefully it saves some lives.

My article is titled Watchtower Shunning – Deadly by Design and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/02/watchtower-shunning-deadly-by-design.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Zordino
    Zordino

Good Read, D'fing is very destructive. It serve's to scare the hell out of and thus control the R & F. The Borg have mind/behaviour Control down to a science.

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Thank you for this. I am collecting research about the bad effects of shunning.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Marvin, thanks as always for interesting and informative blogging!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks, Marvin. It's so true. I feel like I die a little more every day.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Marvin Shilmer:

Their shunning routine is designed to control. I was on the fringes of the religion and I used to piss certain people off because of my outspokenness and independent manner. So, I detected a chilly manner from some people. This is the "mildest" form of shunning. Did this have any effect on me with regard to MY behavior? No, it did not. I had friends outside the religion that I kept for a long time. So, it did not matter to me that certain people in the hall didn't want to bother with me. And, no, I did not go up to anybody and say: "Is something wrong?" etc. I watched at a distance (amused to myself) and wondered what their next move would be.

I wasn't playing anybody's game! I figure, if I REALLY offended somebody, they would come up to me and tell me about it. Doesn't the bible say to do this??? But, no, the stuck-up JWs (imagining they are TOO good to go up to somebody), will just affect some snotty pose (an attention getting device) and think the other guy is going to go crawling and say "aaahh, what's wrooong Bro/Sis?" Well, they could stew in their own juices as far as I WAS concerned!

• moshe
    moshe

I, too was outspoken and as I look back- my close pals were - worldly guys I worked with- Not JWs who could rat me out. The KH discourages worldly friends, because they know they make it easier to quit the KH as shunning will not be as effective a deterrent.

• ziddina
    ziddina

As several others on this thread have said....

My "worldly" friends were life-savers for me....

Lurkers, take note!!

Don't EVER make the mistake of giving up your "worldly" friends; THEY might be the ONLY ones allowed to speak to you if something ever goes "WRONG" in your life and/or congregation...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks Marvin.

"I know of no more potent killer than isolation"

That statement stabbed my heart, to think Watch Tower quoted the authoritative statement in it's magazine and proudly demands such conduct from it's followers. Sickening. How loving.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Marvin, your research reminded me of more Watchtarded talk pertaining to treatment of the disfellowshipped in JW world:

The Watchtower of September 15, 1981, page 25 and the “Keep Yourselves in God’s Love” book page 207 par 2 stated:

“A simple ‘Hello’ to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshiped person?”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit