Disfellowshipping in action

by Zico 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zico
    Zico

Hi all,

I have not been around here for a while and have mostly moved on from things related to the Watchtower Society, I'm pleased to see so many new people who have managed to escape.

I recently heard a story about a brother from my old congregation that I thought demonstrated what an awful religion we had, and decided to come back to share it.

Sadly, this brother's mother had died, at the funeral, he was introducing a friend of his mother to various relatives but then came across one man he didn't recognise "sorry" he said to the man "I don't recognise you?" thankfully, one of his non-believing relatives was on hand to help "That's your son!" he shouted.

Yeah... his son was disfellowshipped about 15 years ago and as his parents have had nothing to do with him since, sticking completely to the Watchtower guidelines, they did not even recognise him when they saw him. I'm sure all the non-believing relatives were very impressed at his stong moral stand .

And that is why I quit... They are horrible.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What a fine witness for jehovah.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

HOLY SHIT!

Now that would make a great newspaper article about religion..

Headline: Parents Fail to Recognize Son After 15 Years of Shunning

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Sheesh, thats sad.

• Think About It
    Think About It

The JW religion destroys families.

Think About It

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I had something similar happen. I wasn't df'ed, but my sister had refused to have anything to do with me for a long time. (My family cuts each other off regularly and it lasts for years......personal disfellowshippings, I call them) She had a baby and I never saw him.

When he was about 6 months old, another sister was sitting in the mother's room with a strange baby and I assumed it belonged to one of her bible studies. I asked whose baby it was, and she said, "It's your nephew."

• jam
    jam

Imagine, you are at your family reunion nonbelievers and

believers. I don,t think many would attend. It would be

hard to explain( nonbelievers) why, when you live in the same city

you do not know your nephews, nieces, grand-daughter, grand-sons

and etc. Just sick, dam cult.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

they're so clueless to the how this makes "a fine witness" to outsiders

• 00DAD
    00DAD