Invited to a Party

by time2keepmoving 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

I've been invited to a party by my co-worker and I'm going!

This is the first 'wordly' event I'll be attending since getting disfellowshipped. I'm a little scared and apprehesive but I'm also ready to get my life back. The party is nothing fancy just a few people (all in their forties) getting together for food, old school 80's music and good company.

I must admit, I was little scared to accept at first. Man, I had no idea how ingrained that JW's bull crap was in me until it was time for me to actually do something they spoke against. Associating with worldly people. I've only been in fully for 10 years, so I can't believe I was second guessing my own judgment. I really despise this cult because of the psychological damage I feel I've gone through by getting involved with these people.

Well, I've got to go, because these are the steps I need to take to heal myself and mental break-free from their dogma. On a more serious note, I also plan on enrolling in community college in the summer.

• james_woods
    james_woods

You just made me feel really, really, really old by saying that '80s music is old school...

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

Sorry, it is considered retro! Hey, but that decade had some of the best music! Beats some of the crap they play on the radio nowadays!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Have a good time! I was nervous my first few outings too

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

@ Found Sheep - thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Have fun! And that's awesome you're planning on enrolling in college! What were you thinking of taking?

• undercover
    undercover

Cool. Have fun...

Just don't drink too much on your coming out party. Some of us went a little nuts when we realized we could go out and party like regular folk. I'm a few brain cells short because of it...

• talesin
    talesin

Have fun! Back in the 80s, we used to say the same thing. "I really loved the 60s and 70s music,, the stuff nowadays sucks!"

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Good advice from Undercover.

And I must say,,, going to school??? Hooray! Good for you.

tal

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

good to see you again... I saw your first post, happy you made it out.. have fun...

TT

• jean-luc picard

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit