ASK AN ELDER ABOUT THIS VERSE

by The Searcher 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They are not adding to the words of Revelation, they said "evidently". Which of course in WT speak doesn't mean there is actually any evidence for their conjectures. They will claim that "evidently" lets them off.

Good find, Searcher, they do it all the time of course, go "beyond the things written".

• N.drew
    N.drew

I wonder if the new scrolls mean coming to the correct meaning of the old scrolls.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The GB and $ociety are partial to using what is known in the sales industry as weasel words: i.e. evidently, should, presumably, likely and could to name a few.

They are used to make the consumer think you are saying something you're not. If they complain and say, "you said so", you reply, "no I didn't, I said it should do this, not it will"; now you've absolved yourself of any blame.

This is why they LOVE these terms, because if you complain, they just say YOU misunderstood or were not listening thus clearing themselves of the accountability to their misconceptions and false teachings. It also allows them to constantly say you’re wrong, even if we aren’t right you’re still wrong, in other words GOTCHA!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The "new scrolls" of Revelation are the Internet. Everybody knows that.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I wonder if the new scrolls mean coming to the correct meaning of the old scrolls.

I seriously doubt it.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I don't know how many JW's Clyde asked the question, "Where does the Bible say NEW scrolls?" It simply says, "Scrolls were opened." - not NEW. By saying "new", the WT was adding to the word of God.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Given their track record with the old scrolls, I would not put any stock with their ability to teach from so called new scrolls.

• highdose
    highdose

i doubt they would even read the new scrolls, just make it up as they go along like they currently do

• oompa
    oompa

sorry but that is nuttin but minor to what they did in rev....there are 12 uses of the name jehovah in the book of rev...and it is actually worse because they did REMOVE a word...which is jesus....and replaced it with Jehovah....i mean good grief...7000 times in the old testament was not enough for them...they loved the name so much they ADDED it 237 time in the new testament!!!! and many many of them are not even quotes from the old testament...even though that is what they tell you...check it out...not a SINGLE use of the name jehovah in the book of rev is a quote from the OT!! my raised in dad and elder since day one of that structure...and is is so smart and wise....even he did not know they did this...not have the other 13 elders when i brought it to their attention...not one has left so far...they can just ignore lies and falsehoods....because someday god will make it right....barf.....oompa

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

it would be very easy for a JW to counter that the books used for judging were the former "books" (plural) highlited in yellow, and that the book (singular) is the "new" book, or a book with yet unknown contents. After all, they were judged by the "books", not by the "book" (singular).

this type of semantics is so observable in WT theology. I think of "Time, times and half a time"

They can always weasel their way in and out of anything with baseless false logic.

On another note, I am sad to see that Oompa was the last poster on this thread before me. I miss my buggy-eyed brother....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit