Happy Singles Awareness Day ....

by troubled mind 17 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

S.A.D - love it!

After I left my marriage, I said "It is better to be alone and lonely, than to be with someone and lonely."

Ayup!

t

• shamus100
    shamus100

How true, Talesin. ;) Imagine all the loveless marriages out there. Praise the Invisible Pink Unicorn I never went down that road!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Very ,very true !

We were speaking to our son one night on the phone in front of some of our friends . He had just mentioned getting a good pay raise ,and we were kidding him about when would he be buying a house ,and getting married ......Just then one of our friends took the phone ,and told our son :

" You are the luckiest man alive ,and you should realize there is absolutely NOTHING you need to be happier !!! You get to spend or save your money anyway you want ,go any where anytime you want ! Don't ruin it ..." .......( I have a feeling my friend is in an unhappy marriage )

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Okay, well I am off to make Stuffed cornish hens , chocolate covered strawberries ,and chocolate cupcakes for my Valentine

Everyone enjoy your day however you like to enjoy it, and I will speak with you later .

Oh, and monkey kisses for those of you that indulge in that sort of wildness

• VampireDCLXV
  • shamus100
    shamus100

Troubled Mind,

Drizzle chocolate over cotton balls and leave them out for people. My trick.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Does anybody remember how the society used to tell us that 'singleness is a blessing'? Whatacrock.

Adiva

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Adiva:

The reason the religion says that singleness is a "blessing" is because they hope to sap all the time and resources a single person has. And they also imagine a single person should be "honored" to be "used" in such a way. It has nothing to do with anybody being "free" from the problems of a bad or love-less marriage and has everything to do with giving your whole essence of life to serving the religion.

I agree with Shamus's post regarding marriage because I am glad I never went down that road either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit