What The 4/15/2012 Watchtower Failed To Mention

by mind blown 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Time2keepmoving: You hit the nail right on the head.

Kojack57

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I told everybody including my relative (who is still in) if you need help, you better contact the people at the KH or the governing body.. unless you plan on leaving. Since you are more loyal to them and the people in the KH then you are to your own relation, then let them help you! Don't call me because if you do, I'm going to give you some help in the form of advice - leave! You're not going to see a dime from me unless you plan on leaving! You want my help leave the organization FIRST!...." Time2KeepMoving

OOOOOO, GOOD FOR YOU, Time2!!!

You STICK TO YOUR GUNS, man!!!

• ziddina
    ziddina

St. George, that doesn't surprise me one bit...

Their reasoning probably went something like this:

"Well, if he becomes a Jehovah's Witness, then "soon", after "Armageddon", 'jehovah' will FIX him - so he won't need the money, anyway..."

Stupid pieces of Gov.Bod shyte....!!!!

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

It's amazes me how selfish the W&TS can be. Getting all that money from selling their real estate holdings in Brooklyn, estate money from dead members, contributions, free labor from all JW's (got folks cleaning the damn bathroom with suits on, cause they too cheap to hire a janitoral service and put a small-business to work in the community - selfish bastards) etc. and can't do one damn thing for any of their active members in KH if they need the help. Shameful.

They villianize the churches but one thing I can say about most of the churches, they at least have outreach ministries. In the city I live in, they do try to help in the way of food banks, temporary assistance with clothing, utilities and rent. JW don't do any of that for their members or even the community they set-up their KH's in, they do not give back!

That in my opinion, is extremely selfish, uncaring and short-sighted. Yet just one more reason on top of many, many more why I was done with hypocritical, hate-promoting organization.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I must say I'm a little more forgiving than some here.

Personally if a friend or family member ever needed my help I have offered it freely, with or without prompting, dub or non-dub, trivial or serious. I left the Borg partly to avoid turning into someone so caught up in their personal world view, they couldn't see those around them as human beings.

Also, and secondarily I must add, I wouldn't want to give any JW the moral high ground in any situation. I prefer them (dubs) to see me, as a "worldly" person quietly going about my business helping those around me, regardless of their religion, creed, sect, etc... etc... living a moral life, brining up my kids with respect, love and kindness. Cheesy I know.

I know my kindness will probably not be reciprocated, but it is better to give than receive.

• mind blown
    mind blown

@M*A*S*H My intention is not to promote the same attitude as the WTS, but only to "EXPOSE" their sick and twisted rules and logic.

To be honest, I'm of the same mindset as you. I treat my JW family members with "TRUE" love and understanding even more so then their own JW family. I told one that I don't have a problem with them being a JW, but the GB is the one that has a problem with me.

And when we do have contact, I don't treat my JW family members with love to prove the GB wrong, I do this because I truly love my family.

I was thinking about this yesterday. In reality, the bottom line is free will, how can one come to love God and his Son if they are held hostage.

LUKE 11:46

"Yes," said Jesus, "what sorrow also awaits you experts in religious law! For you crush people with unbearable religious demands, and you never lift a finger to ease the burden.

• mind blown
    mind blown

2 Corinth 11: 12-15

And what I do I will continue to do, in order to undermine the claim of those who would like to claim that in their boasted mission they work on the same terms as we do. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 So it is not strange if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

• time2keepmoving
    time2keepmoving

M*A*S*H and mind blown - I understand your point of view and I commend you for your stance.

I still love my sister, but I'm not going to make it conducive for her to use me and still cling to the organization. If she was in a desperate situation, yes, I would help her....but I want her to realize how messed up that whole situation would be if she could not reply on the very organization that has told her to distance herself from me. They tell her to walk away from me, but when she needs help, they talk out the other side of their mouth and say, "oh, well you better contact one of your relatives, because we don't that".

They make it seem like the organization is her family and that she does not need me anymore since I have left the bOrg. They repeatly say not to even "break bread with this person" to rely solely on God and the organization and by doing that (exercising faith, if you will) all of your needs, spiritually and otherwise will be met because you're among God's chosen people and God's hears your prayers and not their....so.....if they are speaking truth....why encourage JW's in the April magazine to use non-JW's or Ex-JW's relatives as their back-up plan?

I can see them spinning this as Jehovah "using me to help her" because she has been faithful in her stance not to deal with a D'fed relative unless it's an emergency. See, that's the type of B.S. I could see happening, while both her and organization get to play me for a fool, while she stays ignorantly devout and secure in her dealings with this cult.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

time2keepmoving:

I am with you on this one. You are correct that the organization tries to play everybody for fools. No offense to any other poster who feels they should be "forgiving" (unless it is to a minor child). You are simply casting your pearls before swine. Sorry to say, you are not good except for the green in your wallet. What if the shoe was on the other foot??? What if the DF'd JW was the one in need?? How fast would the JW relatives help this person?

People in any JW family who cut off a family member no longer in the religion have NO business to look to that person for financial aid. These JWs had better ask the religion for money or maybe some of their so-called "spiritual" friends!!!

You also mentioned in your earlier post that the JW religion has no outreach ministries like other religions do. So tragic. As far as I am concerned, for this and many other reasons, the JW religion has NO redeeming social qualities whatsoever.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The illustration of the Prodigal son helps us to realize that parents should be helping out their family as a duty. The account states that the son wanted to follow a course of debauchery, and the father knowing this still gave him, his part of the family inheritance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit