Are elders ordained ministers?

by love11 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• love11
  • flipper
    flipper

" Are elders ordained ministers ? " No. They're insane, mind controlled robots , controlled by the WT society

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

It varies by state.

• love11
  • talesin
    talesin

I have never heard of an elder who had a degree in Theology,,, EVER.

tal

• InterestedOne
  • love11
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

According to wikipedia, the Witness say pioneers and elders are ordained. Regular publishers are not. I don't see the entire picture. Ordination seems to be a term for how a religious body determines who has legitimacy to speak for the org and teach correctly. Go figure.

I thought that all Witnesses were lay ministers. We supposedly have no special class of super JW. Ha.

• Caminante
    Caminante

As per the definition of the Society, all dedicated and baptized publishers are ministers. At the end of the baptism talk the speaker tells the baptismal candidates that their loud and clear affirmative answers to the two questions qualify them as ordained ministers of Jehovah God.

• Glander
    Glander

They sure as hell are Ordained Ministers. But the question is... so what?

As a former native of Modesto, California there was more than one occasion to have morning coffee at a table of local business men that included the "Reverend" Kirby Hensley, founder of the Universal Life Church who made quite a splash with his Certificate of Ordination that made anybody an ordained minister. They even did a piece on "60 minutes" with a Mike Wallace interview. People could send in their application and receive an official certificate declaring them ordained ministers of the ULC. The controversy involved some tax exemptions, etc.

Ordained Minister (Christianity)

In Christianchurches, a minister is someone who is authorized by a church or religious organization to perform functions such as teaching of beliefs; leading services such as weddings, baptisms or funerals; or otherwise providing spiritual guidance to the community.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit