NEW LIGHT ON WHO YOU REALLY ARE?

by The Searcher 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

At Matthew 25:40,

Jesus said, "Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me".

Exactly to whom was Jesus addressing these words, and who were his "brothers?

The subject matter of Matthew chapter 25 deals with Christ's judgement of all humans, and verses 32 & 33 make it crystal clear that there only two groups standing before him - 'sheep' and 'goats'. Keep in mind that during his ministry, Jesus referred to himself as "the fine shepherd" who would give his life on behalf of his sheep. (John 10:11-15) He also made it clear, despite his apostles' arguments about who was greater, that none of his sheep would be elevated over the others, and in reality, they were all slaves. (Luke 17:10) Jesus only had one flock of sheep, and it was to this complete flock he was speaking. Some may protest that Jesus spoke of his "brothers", so therefore his "brothers" must be separate from this group. Good point - but not backed up by the Bible.

Despite what several millions of people have been led to believe about the identity of Christ's brothers, the Scriptures lovingly instruct us as to whom God and Christ view are Jesus' "brothers".

Matthew 12:50 "

For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother".

Rom. 8:14

"For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

Also, Jesus addressed Jehovah as his Father . How were all

his disciples to address Jehovah? (Matt. 6:9)

Some may try to justify their false/misguided teaching by saying that "the Greek Scriptures were primarily written for, and addressed to, anointed Christians, because all first century Christians were of the anointed class". Again, false premise to back up false teachings. If this was true, then Jesus' promise to the thousands at the Sermon on the Mount about 'the meek inheriting the earth' was inapplicable for his audience, because they were all going to heaven ! Hogwash! Nowhere in the Scriptures does it even infer that everyone who became a Christian automatically became part of the heavenly class. If it were so, a strong case should be made for the repentant thief who died next to Jesus, that he should to go to heaven also. According to some, he was the only person in the first century who repented and then died after Christ, but never went to heaven. So what was Jesus really saying at Matthew 25:40? He was addressing and referring to every Christian individually, as his sheep and brothers (regardless of their hope) and informing each one individually that because they had lovingly adhered to his new commandment to show genuine love for all fellow Christians (not just anointed ones) they would now receive their appropriate reward. (John 13: 35 )

• irondork
    irondork

This is a great post, Searcher, and the timing is perfect for individuals to begin digesting this information in advance of the memorial season.

Sound reasoning from the scriptures.

The roommate and I will be taking sacrament at home this year and I had planned on saying a few words about our new understanding of our own personal standing before the Christ. Your post hit several of those points.

Thank you!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's a big step to be liberated from the Watchtower.

Now you need to liberate yourself from "The Scriptures", and what's "scriptural", as if it was the only way to define "truth".

What's the update on Damascus and Tyre being permanently desolated?

These people thought the "end" was coming in the first century.

So how much did they really know?

• tornapart
    tornapart

Good points Searcher

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Many thanks for your comments. I was prepared for any constructive criticism as well, because I want my knowledge of God's word to be accurate, so that I can share TRUTH with others, not speculation and false reasoning. I too will be commemorating my MEDIATOR'S death and sacrifice with bread and wine, in my own home.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I think there is only one hope and it is important to have that hope.

• Violia
    Violia

When I first started reading the Scriptures myself ( without the aide of the wts publications) I came away with all were acceptable to God who turned to him. Anyone who did not would thus reject Christ and I assume would just die without resurrection.

The wts and people in general have the need to divide people into classes, social and what not. God does not-- he says that any man who approaches him in faith shall be saved. I see no classes of Christians. The NT only offers the heavenly hope or I assume no hope( death without resurrection).

As far as the parable Jesus used about the faithful and discreet class, it was a parable and that is it. the wts uses it to claim authority similar to what the catholic church does. It was just a parable used to talk to uneducated people, fishermen and farmers, that's all.

When the wts changed the ransom doctrine they were altering the Bible and as far as I can see they are stepping into the place of Christ as the mediator for mankind.

this is what helped me see doctrinally that jws had gone bad - when they changed the ransom doctrine and then the baptismal vows.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@VIOLIA

Both the Old & New Testaments clearly show that God's purpose is to restore mankind and earth to a perfect paradise condition. The New Testament sums up the Our Father prayer (thy will be done on earth) at Revelation 21:3,4 by informing us that God is going to wipe out pain, death, suffering and mourning. These things don't exist in heaven - and verse 3 speaks of MANKIND, not the spirit realm. Isaiah 65 gives more detail about how the earth will be, and John 5:28,29, Acts 24:15, and Revelation 20:12-14 all reveal that many people will be receive their dead loved ones back in the resurrection which Jesus spoke of to the sister of Lazarus. I urge people not to read the the Bible, but to study it!

• Violia
    Violia

then who was the NT speaking to - Scriptures that say we shall we changed in a twinkling of an eye? I read the NT without wts comments and see a heavenly hope only.

As far as Revelation comments on 144,000 etc, most of it is so confusing and generally symbolic and honestly John may have been smoking crack for all I know.

Are you a current Jws ? If so why are you here, and if your views differ from jws, could you put it in an easier to read type. I have to admit your posts are difficult to read due to the type of font . try bullet points where you agree and disagree with jws. I will read it.

• mP
    mP

i laugh when i hear --new light-- not because of the funny corrwctions, but because of the solar imagery.'thats right folks, jesus never existed, jesus is the sun.

ever wonder why xians worship on SUN day and why xians celebrate his birthday on the winter solstice, or why he died and was raised on the spring ewuinox? ever wonder why jesus used words like, thenlight, in the sky, on clouds, walked on water--suns reflextion, and so on. ever wonder why the four apostles have the same beats as the ones in ezekiel - they are the cardinal zodiac signs.

ever wonder why no wt ever showed the insides or explained the symbology of the temple in jerusalem, why it pointed east, what the two columns at the entrance represented, why cherubs look like babylonian and egyptian mythical figures...

i could go on forever, just seacrh for astrotheology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit