What We Owe Jehovah's Witnesses

by Butterflyleia85 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

What We Owe Jehovah's Witnesses

By Sarah Barringer Gordon

Published Online: January 27, 2011

http://www.historynet.com/what-we-owe-jehovahs-witnesses.htm

Has anyone read this? It's very interesting. I heard about this by a guy at my old job saying hey yeah JW had some influence as to our rights as Amercans... I was like huh really!?! Well he told me to look it up and see and I never really did. Then here today I came across this.

"Most important, in ruling that Witness children could not be forced to recite the pledge, the new majority rejected the notion that legislatures, rather than the courts, were the proper place to address questions involving religious liberty. The "very purpose" of the Bill of Rights, wrote Justice Robert Jackson, was to protect some issues from the majority rule of politics. "One's right to life, liberty and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, may not be submitted to voteā€¦.Fundamental rights depend on the outcome of no elections." Jackson's opinion was laced with condemnation of enforced patriotism and oblique hints at the slaughter taking place in Hitler's Europe."

By the way the comments on the bottom of the webpage are pretty interesting as well. Might I add.

• Razziel
    Razziel

Well I guess once you get past Rutherford's letters to the Nazi's saying their goals were one and the same, and then the change of heart when he didn't get a favorable reply, then sure JW's have done good things for religious freedom!

• just Ron
  • thetrueone
    thetrueone

And thousands of people who died needlessly by not taking a blood transfusion, organ transplant or vaccination.

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

What We Owe Jehovah's Witnesses is a big warm 'thank you' for washing over 7 million brains sparkling clean!

Cults, you can't help but love them

• TOTH
    TOTH

We owe them pur pity because most of them are trapped in the clutches of an evil book publishing company, disguised as a religion.

• designs
    designs

Good article.

• ziddina
    ziddina

[face/palm slap...]

Butterfly, butterfly, butterfly...

The ONLY reason that the Watchtower Organization "fought" for "religious freedom", is because it profited THEM - any residual benefit to ANY other religion, was purely coincidental and certainly NOT intended, as the Watchtower Corporation has ALWAYS declared ALL other religions to be "worldly", "part of 'Satan's' world", "betrayers of 'Jehovah'..." and so on...

So, why would they "help", those that they considered part of "Satan's" world...???

Their efforts at ensuring religious "freedom" were based on the most selfish, egocentric motives possible - and if they could have ensured that no OTHER religion benefited by their efforts, they would have locked down those "freedoms" in a New York Minute...

• talesin
    talesin

"and you took the words right out of my mouth"

what Zid said

t

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

We had all those things before JW's "fought" to preserve them for their own agenda. We should thank them for what? I'd rather thank my 90 year old neighbor for storming Omaha Beach in 1944. That's why I have freedom, not because of the f@%*ing Watchtower society. The JW's and that author can kiss my ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit