Did field service ever scare any one.

by life is to short 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Pentecostals were just creepy to meet. Worse was being mauled by a big dog, sent me to the ER.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wow, the pressure for hours, hours, hours puts too many people in harm's way needlessly.

I guess my life was never truly endangered, just wasted. My social anxiety was such that sometimes I'd rather take a bullet than knock on a door, but alas, that opportunity was never presented.

• TOTH
    TOTH

when I used to go with my folks I was so happy they went to a congregation FAR away from our neighborhood. I would have died of fright if we had knocked on one of my classmates' doors. I caught enough grief over the flag salute and holidays. I cannot imagine how bad it would have gotten if I had actually shown up at one of those assholes' homes.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I have always been uneasy with sevice, especially because of the large rural and rustic territory; if anything happened to you, you would dissapear before anyone could figure out where you might have been.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I was scared everytime about if I would meet a co-worker. I was also scared about meeting a person with alot of questions or with a good knowledge about the Bible.

• dog is god
    dog is god

OMG What we have been thru because of those NYDICKHEADs! I had one RV (earlier they were called Back Calls). She was middle aged, all the drapes closed, chain smoker, everything covered with residue from cigarets. She invites me in. I start to give my spheal when she suddenly threw her head back, falls straight back with her head hitting the coffee table and is unconscious. I called 911 and they took her away. I never went back. At the time I remember thinking that this door-to-door was not worth it.

Another call was a late twenty something gal. Another all the drapes closed. She lived with her boyfriend and about 6 dogs in a teeny house. She was always dressed in multi layers.....2-3pants, acouple skirts, several Ts, shirts and sweaters. Long unwashed dark hair. Did we EVER asses things and know that we should not be there....for any reason? Noooooooo. So she wants to study. I go back and she asks if I minded if she smoked a joint. I said that it would be better for her to wait until after (What I should have done was share it with her). I say a prayer and then she asks me if I ever masterbaited. (OMG Jesus take me NOW!!!) I said that I was married and didn't have a need for that. And sometimes it might not be a good idea because the more you do it the more you want to do it. She then said that she was always afraid that the police would arrest her because she used rains, carrots, etc. (I thought Waldorf Salad) All the time the dogs are wandering all around the teeny living room. One onnly had 3 legs. Soooooooo. The next week I GO BACK (can you believe it?????) Her boyfriend is there and said she was in Harborview (Our mental health hospital for the SERIOUSLY disturbed. Next I GO TO HARBOVIEW!!!!! (seriously stupid). I'm taken thru all this security stuff and then locked into a room with several crazies. She asks me to play ping pong. So we do. Then she explains that she's there because she has been drugging herself to death and she'd be going to live with her parents upstate. I wished her the best and was let out (I can't believe they didn't keep me). When I got to my VW I had a parking ticket.

• d
    d

no not really but I remeber doing a call on a house in where a the women was nice but paranoid and kept saying that she was hiding.

• talesin
    talesin

I was told I was lacking Jehovah's spirit because they always seemed to try to bite me not the other person with me but me. I was told I must be doing something to make that happen because no one else seemed as bothered by being bit like I was. I was bitten six times and chased to many times to count.

Oh, LITS, that is just horrific! Six times! I was only bitten once, and still have a fear of strange dogs I just can't overcome. Even decades ago, we knew dogs could smell fear (now we know the chemicals are called pheromones).

How cruel of them to tell you that.

tal

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

A couple of years after I moved out of state my mother told me of 2 sisters from the local Spanish congregation who were kidnapped out in service. I checked the on-line version of the local newspaper. It was much worse than how she told me.

These sisters were taken by knife point into a vehicle, completely disrobed, and one was raped. They both escaped and ran away before he could rape the second sister. This all occurred at the public park near the house I lived in when I lived in that state.

So much for anti-rape angels.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Talesin your right I hated it and I aways felt so horrible about myself. The last time I was bit was it was by a little dog he just got my ankle but I was bleeding and my pantyhose were ripped and still I could not go home to change but we had to keep going on also I was told that maybe Jehovah let the dog bite me because the guy had been really rude and after the dog bit me he was scared we might sue him and he sat and listened for a hour while I sat there dripping blood, it was just a small wound but still I was bleeding!

truth_be_known your story is so very scary and I know it happens yet we never hear about them why? I know why because the GB could care less about us. There was a story about a sister who was murdered in the middle of our state but no one ever confirmed it and even if it did happened I was told she was at fault because she went alone. OMG where was Jehovah's angle????????????? It happened when I was a teenager and it scared me to death but it was totally downplayed.

Cult Classic your post break my heart I am so sorry for what you went through, it made me want to cry reading your post because I did the same thing. I would work by myself all the time as it was easier then having to but up with one of the crazy JW's being with you and picking apart what you were saying to the householder. I was always told what I said at the doors was not right. I mean I could say verbatim what the KM said one time I even wrote it out on a card and kept it in my Bible and yet the JW with me still ripped into me. It was like I had a target on my forehead and all the JW's would just verbally attack me over everything I said and did, I think it made them feel good to see me hurt. I was told I did not have Jehovah's spirit because I did not say this or that the right way to the householder and if a householder did not take anything it was my fault because I did not present it to them the right way, if some pulled a gun they truly did not mean it and besides we have Jehovah spirit to help us, on and on and on. It was and is all so crazy and for some reason I got a huge amout of crazyness from both behind the doors and from the JW's themselves.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit