Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear At The 02-12-2012 WT Study (GUIDED HOLY SPIRIT)

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Paragraph 8...

"Would it not be foolhardy for an inexperienced person to set off alone, without a skilled guide and not so much as a compass, hiking deep into an uncharted wilderness? Not knowing how to survive inhospitable conditions in the wild and not having the expertise to find his way safely to his destination, he would be putting his life in jeopardy. ..."

Wha - aaaaat????

Aren't they capable of (a) choosing a specific drainage to hike up (b) staying in that drainage until one reaches the pass or "saddle" (c) taking note of their surroundings so they can find their way back down again (d) making actual "blaze" marks on trees - in the OPPOSITE direction that they're traveling, so they can see the "blaze" marks on their way back down (e) making "cairns" on rocky areas and ON AND ON AND ON....

Whatta buncha GREENhorns!!!!

Leave it to the Watchtower Corporation to postulate the absolutely WORST-case scenario - AND portray the supposed "Witness" as too infantile to be capable of figuring out means of survival for themselves...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah!! Hey, Talesin, know what I thought of, when I read that???

Well, if the heart is "treacherous", then how can ANY dedication made with the "heart", be considered valid??? [like dedicating oneself to a publishing corporation - OR a recently-generated Middle-Eastern god...]

by the way - enjoyed chatting with you!!!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

So MOST people (all non-jws) are led by the unholy spirit, all 7 billion, men, women, and children, even those who CLAIM to be Christians. Even having the Bible they cannot understand it without the WTS, right? Of course, no jws practice the works of the flesh, there are no pedophiles, wife beaters, children killers or wife killers, thieves, frauds, liars, etc. at the KH?!

You said it right there!

Enjoyed your comments. :)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One more comparison of a compass to holy spirit. First, try placing a compass near a phone mouthpiece. You will get it pointing as if the mouthpiece is directly south of the compass, even if it really is straight north. Natural magnetic sources, shields (especially steel), and temporary electromagnets (such as high voltage power lines) will throw off a compass. Additionally, it is possible to reverse the polarity of your compass. If you are in the tropics, it can be difficult to even know if your compass is off like that.

The holy spirit can also be corrupted. Placing it too close to a religion that insists that it is the only reliable guidance is like the phone. The compass will always point away from it (or toward it, depending on which pole is exposed to the compass). No external guidance is your steel shield. And goings-on within the congregation (along with congregational corruption at the hounder or hounder-hounder level) can throw off your compass.

And it can be corrupted because the polarity is backward. Jehovah himself can order you to sacrifice, usually preventing you from experiencing happiness. Instead, you are supposed to go on endless missionary work (usually in some hellhole country like Nigeria), waste your time pious-sneering, or reach out for more work and headaches in the congregation. Some end up in Beth Hell or monastery work because of the bad polarity of their "holy spirit" compass. Jehovah himself is corrupt--he corrupted the Bible, and that corrupts your "holy spirit" compass as well as certainly as a compass the polarity of which has been reversed. And, if you are in the tropics, you wouldn't even know it's your compass.

If anything, the holy spirit is even worse. It is possible for a person to find out if the compass is backward--especially if they know what time it is and can see the sun. In the northern hemisphere, the sun rises in the east and will always be in the south at high noon. In the southern hemisphere, it will always be in the north. But, if you are in the tropics, it is possible to be confused and you can only tell east from west if you see the sun coming up. (And that's if you haven't been brainwashed to accept a west-rising sun as a possibility.)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I also thought that the following statement sounded rather Watchtarded: Par 18... "As God’s 'master worker' in the creation of the physical universe, Jesus knew all about the earth’s magnetic field, which humans use to navigate the earth. (Prov. 8:30; John 1:3) However, there is no evidence in the Bible that Jesus ever used that force to guide his way when he was on earth"

So, should we today use the compass and similar devices or not. According to par 8, it would be foolhardy (reckless) not to use a compass cause it could guide us to safety in a time of need. Yet, Jesus chose not to use such devices in his day. WT statement in Par 18 causes me to wonder whether the magnetic field is a product of holy spirit or unholy spirit? As usual, WT raises more questions than it answers in its' Watchtarded publications!

Blondie, I asked myself the same question ....'What was the point of the statement in par 18?'

• talesin
    talesin

Good spin on that one, Zid!

Same here. :D btw, you have a PM.

t

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hee hee!! I'll go look that up, Tal!! Thanks!

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Thanks blondie! The bait and switch society is really nailing their coffin with this whole watchtower.

I was at the meeting Sunday and had a hard time not sneering at everyone because this study really stunk. I love how no one (at my hall anyway) during the study ever motioned that all the supporting scriptures in this article showed holy spirit is NOT just for the elite or chosen few, it is for EVERYONE; I guess wash-towel forgot to ring that out before going to print.

• JWB
    JWB

Thanks Blonde for that very thoughtful look at the Watchtower study article.

Here are some of my own comments.

Who needs a compass when you can just "tack in the wind"? =;-)

However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as 'tacking.' By maneuvering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah's servants is the 'new heavens and a new earth' of God's promise.—2 Pet. 3:13. (Paragraph 2, page 27 of the 1 December 1981 Watchtower article "The Path of the Righteous Does Keep Getting Brighter")

I'd like to ask these questions: "What was the source of those 'contrary winds'?", "Why was the organizational boat being 'tossed about as by waves and carried hither and thither'?" (See Ephesians 4:14)

On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible *under the enlightening power of the holy spirit? (Second baptism vow pre-1985, from "Baptizing Follows Discipling", 1 May 1973 Watchtower; emphasis mine)

*Note: NOT 'under the enlightening power of Jehovah's spirit-directed organization'!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

What was a bit self-incriminating (if there is such a word) of the WT was the footnote to par 4:

*In the preface of his Bible, Webster wrote: “Whenever words are understood in a sense different from that which they had when introduced, and different from that of the original languages, they do not present to the reader the Word of God.”

Over the years the WTBTS has been so quilty of this very offense that Noah Webster describes. It is best said by the the apostle Paul @ 1Cor 4:6 "Do not go beyond the things that are written"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit