How Purposeful And Meaningful Was The Full-Time Service? "Rivers Of Joy, Euphoric Bliss, Better Sex?"

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 24 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

welcome mercedez.

Ihear you on territory that gets worked often. I was in a book study where the conductor basically checked out the same 3 territorries. I refused to go out in my own bookstudy group after a while

• Razziel
    Razziel

I didn't quite make it two years as a regular pioneer. Worked part-time, lived alone as a single brother, and except for Wednesdays and some Fridays it was all whiny, gossiping sisters out in service. I had 40 year old divorced sisters hitting on me, and talking about how age difference didn't matter since we'd all be young in the new system. It has got to be the worst couple of years in my life, and believe me, I've hit some low spots since then. I finally gave up going in afternoon service with the group and trekked out on my own in territories that hadn't been worked in over a year. I was territory servant at the time and knew which ones were never worked.

Few householders wanted to have serious conversations, and most of the ones that did really were only in it for the company. I recognized the people who only took the magazines or had bible studies because they were too nice to tell you to hit the road and don't come back. Usually after a couple of those return visits, I didn't come back. I remember getting that "look" from other pioneers when we needed a return visit to close out the day, and I didn't have any. It's not because I didn't have any according to their standards, I just didn't have any that wasn't a waste of my time and their time. That was a miserable time in my life.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Mad Hatters of Brooklyn, Pious-sneering, assigned with "Lucy who left her mind" or "Burned out Bob", “weirdos”. the power hungry elite, all learning the " pioneer shuffle" during field circus.... Sorry but I can't help lol at your descriptions of FS

• factfinder
    factfinder

Makes you want to go out in FS doesn't it! LOL!

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have to say that nothing I ever heard from the platform, learned during personal study, or experienced in field service led to better sex. In fact, most of it was a total buzz kill that put my libido on ice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit