[MP3] The District Conventions from the 1950s to the 2010s

by possible-san 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Valuable resource, many thanks.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Thanks for posting this, brings back a lot of memories, not all good.

One observation that I find incredible. For a couple of the conventions it gives the attendance and number baptized:

1953 , attendance 126,387, baptisms 4640 ; 3.7% of attendees getting baptized

1958 attendance 118463 (not sure if this was the entire attendance or not) , baptisms 7136 ; 6.0%

Odd, the last small circuit assembly I saw had attendance of 750, baptisms 1 ; 0.13%

Baptisms are at a dead crawl compared to the old days. How things have changed.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Thanks for those, Possible.

Baptisms are at a dead crawl compared to the old days. How things have changed.

Well, then, they need to increase their birth rate and get members the old fashioned way. Then baptize 'em at 6 (there are no less than 2 yearbook experiences that recount such early ones), then refuse admittance* to any less than 12 years old even when accompanying their parents.

Len

*the upcoming worldwide convention tour group in Europe which was recounted here a week or so ago.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Oh my goodness.... those conventions in the "old days" were 8 days long... started around 8:00 am and went till 9:00 or 9:30 pm. Just looking at some of the day's programs from way back when.... wow.... can't imagine doing anything like that today.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

That is Steve Klemetti's site. He used to post here many years ago as Grissom.

Bangalore

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow that is an impressive site. I bet many Witnesses will use it too.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

coming back later...

some gold here perhaps

Oz

• oompa
    oompa

i have a little vomit in my mouth...you would have to pay me a lot of money to listen to this stuff again.............oompa

• d
    d

This all valuable information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit