What a pious and sanctimonious organisation!!! GROAN!

by TimothyT 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone,

Just having a rant.

It has been over 6 months now since I was disfellowshipped for being gay or whatever it was, and I still do not give a damn. It hasn’t fazed me one bit. I’m happy with Jack and we are doing so well together. We even went on our first holiday to Italy the other week. It was all so lovely and wonderful. I’m also doing really well with my spirituality. I really enjoy reading the bible and I have found a church who teaches from it very very well. Really, things are just great, so much better than they were before anyway. It has been almost a year since I had any negative feelings.

When I was disfellowshipped, a sister who I am very fond of continued to speak to me and associate with me, in the hope that I would one day click and come back to the organisation. Today we did some work together and she saw a leaflet from the church that I have been going to. She started getting emotional and said she was just so shocked and upset with me for going to another church. I told her that she should not jump to conclusions. These were good people and they were teaching the truth from the bible. She told me that she was very surprised and upset to hear me say this. I told her that what they were teaching was absolutely right and I found it very encouraging.

We spoke for about an hour about the organisation and the church. I tried to tell her that the church was very very good and I couldn’t understand how she was slating them despite the fact that she knew nothing about them. They teach from the bible and there is no slant on it, unlike the Jehovah’s Witnesses. She asked me why I wanted to join a church, so I told her it was simply because I wanted the encouragement that you get from being with similar like minded people, as it explains in Hebrews. This upset her as she was hoping that the first church I would return to would be the Kingdom Hall. I told her that the reason I haven’t been is because I do not see the love. Instead I know that the moment I walk in, no one will talk to me and many will refuse to even look at me. That is not my idea of encouragement. Can they be surprised that I haven’t gone back and have actively sought another church? I can’t see how they are, considering they way they treat former members.

After this I heard the same old nonsense about how this is the chosen organisation, blah blah blah… I just switch off when I hear this. I just don’t see it. When I read the bible I see how many people tried to serve Jesus and these ones were blessed for their efforts. I just don’t believe that the JW’s have the right to just simply brush off other religions such as the church I have been going to, and say that it is Satan trying to blind me. WHATEVER! What does get me is that their own organisation is FAR from perfect and also has many problems, yet they cannot see these. The entire religion is so sanctimonious and extremely backwards.

After the majority of this tiring conversation, I was encouraged to come back to a meeting and go and see an elder. Do you know what though? There is NO point. She seemed disturbed that I am just not interested in returning. The reason though is simple. Who wants to return to something which hurts you and which you know to be quite unscriptural? She spoke of how many brothers and sisters love me, which I think is nonsense. If they loved me then they would come to see me and encourage me. Rubbish. The whole lot of it is rubbish.

The majority of the time, I just don’t care about the lot of it. I believe if JW’s want to live their lives under strict rules and be oppressed then that is up to them. However the days have well and truly passed where I will be a part of it again and I do not like the pressure of it. In the end though I am so happy with the way my life is now and I refuse to go back to it. Whatever they choose to do is up to them.

My dad has since adopted a similar position to me. He has come to the church with me several times and he really enjoyed the way they teach from the bible. It’s extremely refreshing. He told the elders that he just doesn’t care about the organisation anymore as he feels it’s become so unscriptural and unchristian. Amen.

Anyway, whatever!

Love Tim xxx

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

UM...Yeah whatever

Dude you need to tell us about this holiday in Italy!

I know this board is for rants ( I've done my share) but a vacation in Italy had to be great. I hope to visit there one day but its not in the foreseable future. Got any pics you can share?

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Sorry to hear about this Tim. I've been in that situation months ago. After DAing I started attending a non denom. church and I'm happy with it. When I told a family member (still very much in) she was extremely disappointed that I'd attended a church.

I think it's very hard for a JW to accept that any part of Christendom has anything to offer in the spiritual department. As you say they're truly a "pious and sanctimonious" organisation. JW's think of their "meat in due time" as 5 star chef food, while all the others are serving garbage...

So how dare you have that junk after having enjoyed the delicious "food" from the F & D slave cooks? JWs would rather see you starving.

Furthermore this JW family member started openly insulting people from church (as a group!), though she's never met any of them. "If they were truly good people, studying the Bible they'd be at the KH...Talk about unchristian, judgmental attitude.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I agree with darth frosty some Italy stories will be nice! Nice hat! And the beard, very good!

"Satan has blinded their minds" is what the Bible says. When you don't know you say "I don't know". That is not being blind. When they don't know they say "We know" and when they know something (the scriptures) mentally they act like they don't know them. That is what blind means. Adherents to the Watchtower are blind.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I love reading your posts Tim, and what you stated about how the WT views other denominations in comparison to themselves is partly what woke me up. Matthew 7:1-5 contains some very good council for sanctimonious and judgemental individuals and organizations like the WT and hence JWs. Come to think of it, I can't recall the WT really getting down and heavy into those verses with their literature, and I imagine its for fear of individual JWs coming to the conclusion that it's wrong to judge people of other denominations as being unworthy of God's Kingdom as the judging isn't up to other imperfect, sinful men here on the earth.

Mark 9:38-40 is a humdinger too, as it illustrates that works done in Christ's name aren't exclusive to any particular group and that no individual or group should be critical of any other indivual or group who've done positive deeds in the name of the Christ. Another thing that bugs me is Matt 18:20 where Jesus stated that wherever there are two or more together in his name, he's with them. There's nothing in that verse to support that it only applies to Jehovah's Witnesses, and if you really want to get technical and picky with WT doctrine, this verse should only apply to annointed Jehovah's Witnesses. But that's the beauty of the Watchtower for you, smoke and mirrors, convoluted reasoning, pointing the finger at others, and red herrings all for self serving purposes.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I'm so happy to hear about your dad breaking free. You and Jack are too adorable for words you looked so happy in the pics. Timothy just keep living your life. It's sad that she will probably start to treat you as a JW is told to since being your friend has not worked to bring you back. I hope she won't and will open her eyes but the reality is the cult think is so strong.

• glenster
  • Fernando
    Fernando

Hey TimothyT!

Good to read a post of yours again.

It seems we all take some time before we are ready to see, hear and face the facts.

All the same you may want to ask your "sister" friend if she agrees that "legalism" is a denial of the Christian faith (as it says in the Watchtower).

You may then want to keep asking her to explain "legalism" and its opposite from the heart!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I hate to break it to you, Timmy, but your friend is in a cult. But the fact that she's still talking to you says A LOT about her own doubts.

"Be careful if they are too friendly, if they try to win your confidence to quickly, and if they become overly personal."

Sounds more like a JW warning video.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hehe. The holiday was fabulous! 2 nights in Italy. We went to Verona, Lake Garda and Lake Como. Lots of romantic places. Beautiful. We also had proper Italian pizza which was mucho gustoso! So nice!!! :) Jack loved it too. It was fab.

As regards yesterday, I spent about 3 hours last night putting all my feelings into a word document. I tend to find that the best way to clear my head is to write it all down onto a page. It spans 4 pages which shocked me. So much nonsense and stupidity that this organisation has caused. Seriously... im just TOTALY perplexed by it all. Anyway, i may send it to the sister. Here are some excerpts:

"To me, and by the biblical definition of friendship, a friend is someone who sticks so close to you (Proverbs 18:24). Throughout all the troubles, all the worries, all the stresses, they are there for you and support you. The love they show is loyal and true. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things, but best of all love never fails (1 Corinthians 13). When I read this chapter I cannot help but compare this marvellous description of love with the love I am shown by the brothers and sisters at the command of this organisation. I find that the love shown is severely lacking. Despite the fact that this organisation claims to represent God who is the personification of love itself, I am shown no regard, I am shunned, and I was shown no empathy or understanding. The ‘love’ shown did not bear anything, did not hope anything, did not endure anything, and I genuinely believe it failed. I do not believe for one second that such ‘love’ came from Jehovah or his system of working. It certainly does not fall in line with his most principal quality of love. Even for the worst sinners, Jehovah still shows some compassion and would never treat them in such an undignified and unchristian manner."

" As time went on, I stopped going to the meetings as I realised that the truth is found clearly in scripture. I also felt a huge burden lifted from my shoulders. I didn’t feel oppressed, I didn’t need to conform to what I felt was a very pharisaic order which I often found strained out the gnat, but gulped down the camel often disregarding some of the most crucial points of Christianity, namely love."

" I came to the conclusion that in reality they are simply a cult. After researching cults, specifically the work of a Robert J Lifton, I was shocked to see how the JW’s fit perfectly into one of his mind control models, which he fashioned from Korean prisoners of war. I found it very disturbing that the JW organisation fit this model so perfectly."

" I knew as I walked in that I belonged to this church. I was invited for a meal afterwards before the sermon had even begun. He spoke about Jesus and his importance in our lives. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I thanked the speaker for it. I told him that I desperately desired to find a church which teaches the truth from the bible. He said I should come regularly and enjoy the biblical discussions the church holds. I attend regularly now. We speak about the bible, particularly the gospel, and what it means for us. There is no slant. There is no taint. There is no pressure. Its just the bible, the bible, the bible. Its so refreshing to hear sermons about Jesus and his importance. Every single meeting is about how we can draw close to God and Jesus and how we can apply the bible in our lives. In some ways it pains me to say this, but they do not waste time talking about how to overcome conversation stoppers, how we should be dressing for conventions, how we should be keeping our cars clean and tidy, how we should be following other silly procedures, how we should be following the rules of men, and how we should be studying other publications other than the bible. They teach the bible, Jesus and the truth which he gave to us. That is not false religion. That is truth. FACT ! "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit