Sloppy Scholarship and 3rd Rate Love (3/1 WT)

by metatron 12 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

Where I think everything goes wrong is where they teach that the organisation as a whole shows more love than any other religious organisation as a whole. But when Jesus was on earth he condemned religious organisation. he showed that true christianity is and individual thing. Each person shows whether he is a true Christian. Organisation as a whole cannot be 'true' because it is also full of hypocrites amongst genuine followers. hence all his parables of 'wheat and weeds' 'sheep and goats'. They just cannot see there are just as many hypocrites amogst the WT organisation as any other organisation.

As for Romans 10:23, it is a classic for trinitarians to use to show that Jesus is God and that's why in the NWT they have changes LORD for Jehovah. It seems to me that Paul was definitley applying this scripture to Jesus even though he was quoting OT verses. It doesn't really matter whose name we actually call on because doesn't Jesus name mean 'Jehovah is salvation' anyway?

• scotoma
    scotoma

It is typical of small communities to have more agape than larger organizations. We evolved in groups that consisted of less than 150 people.

2 Great Grandparents With 10 Children (Grand Parents) Each with 10 children in process of producing 10 children each (5 Children each because they haven't finished reproductive years). Plus or minus 20 or so deaths.

When the Roman Empire ate up the tribal structures Christianity was really a social welfare system. It attracted the poor and afflicted and provided a social safety net similar to the old clan.

"The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation and keep oneself without spot from the world." James 1:27

Every small group whether religious or fraternal is going to show concern for its members.

• Norcal_Sun
    Norcal_Sun

Marking this for later... my mom wants me to read this article to help identify a "True" religion lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit