The Specialness Of Being A Jehovah's Witness

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am sure if some-one had thought me special I would never have started that damn Watchtower study in the first place.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

When I was going into the cancer, I really thought everyone else was going to die and that I was going to at least look into doing "the right thing". And yes, self-righteousness was a major problem back then. Thinking that I was going to live and people were going to die simply because they smoked, celebrated Christmas, courted the opposite sex, and kept their religions. Then I wasted quite a few hours doing field circus, developed a bad attitude toward perfectly fine music and movies, and wasted electricity playing Kingdumb maladies (and contributed more to global climate change than it was worth).

Then I realized that Armageddon was probably not coming for a very long time. Things like the Great Tribulation lasting 20 years or more while Jehovah sits there like a dope, or that it was close and getting closer yet would never actually arrive were real possibilities. And the possibility that I would get in, only to enter a world where all I had access to were other men--not so special any more.

• designs
    designs

Christianity has done such a lousy job that's it easy for new groups to come along and offer the New and Improved Version. Pie in the Sky gets stale.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Specialness" - That is a great way of putting it Minimus..........

We did feel special. God had called 'little old me' to be one of his true followers. I had been taught things that were hidden from the "wise and intellectual " of the old world. My brothers and I knew the importance of our times. We had insight into The Scriptures that was only revealed to a few , by God himself.

When I reminded myself of these things I knew that I had to stick with it...................

Reminds me of a lad who was studying in the nineties and he was saying how he loved the "Revelation Book" - "Wow! it is like knowing the battle plan of the God of the Universe" ....He felt special, I wonder what became of him?

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder how many Witnesses feel "special" now that they're older and nearing death without ever seeing a glimpse of Paradise!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We sold everything and went Pioneering ..

To preach Armageddon by 1975..

Do we look Special?..

http://www.mainecoastpropertiesblog.com/.a/6a00d83454298469e201538e958146970b-800wi

........................ ...OUTLAW

• james_woods
    james_woods

To be even MORE SPECIAL - they could just proclaim themselves to be of the annointed and start partaking of the emblems.

Of course, then they would be suspected of being CRAZY - but they would still be MORE SPECIAL.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yesterday I spoke to an active JW who has been posted to Mexico for his job. He has no idea of my true feelings or that I haven't been to a meeting since 2009.

We discussed many things and I hinted that I might be having doubts about my faith and the integrity of the GB regarding brothers accused of paedophilia and the society's treatment of the victims. I was completely shocked by his reaction. He said that under no circumstances should the police be involved unless there are witnesses.

He also said I should remember what happened to the rebellious Israelites who questioned the authority of Moses and Aaron.

Not once throughout the entire conversation did he mention armageddon or it being close to the end, only that we should be completely obedient to the GB and not question anything they do or say. It was like talking to a robot.

Amelia xxx

• myusername
    myusername

yes, research narcissistic personality disoder. It runs in my family. That is one disorder (I'm guessing among many) that will be attracted to this religion.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Those cheap suits make you feel so important too....

Let's face it, most JWs couldn't tell the diff from a Walmart suit or an Armani.

Special because they alone have an OT Gods name and an expression "witnesses" from that text as their name alone. I remember a smart arse at the door when i said to him i was a JW he said what did you see him do? lol NOW.

We did feel special. God had called 'little old me' to be one of his true followers. I had been taught things that were hidden from the "wise and intellectual " of the old world. My brothers and I knew the importance of our times. We had insight into The Scriptures that was only revealed to a few , by God himself.

When I reminded myself of these things I knew that I had to stick with it...................

Reminds me of a lad who was studying in the nineties and he was saying how he loved the "Revelation Book" - "Wow! it is like knowing the battle plan of the God of the Universe" ....He felt special, I wonder what became of him?

It's true. Admit it. YOU believed it too.

Jehovah had blinded the minds of all the educated, undeserving ones and had CHOSEN US, the humble, generous, good hearted, righteously disposed ones.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit